Being told i dont have fissures... when i do!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Being told i dont have fissures... when i do!

Postby jay2502 » 22 Apr 2015, 04:23

Fissurefrustration wrote:That may be right MS, Carsten anti fungal from over the counter helped me out loads... I had almost the same symptoms of bright red sphincter, lots of superficial tiny cuts and it fixed me. Now just have the one fissure left

may one ask what it could be about that which helped? also is that only something which can be purchased in America?
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 Apr 2015, 04:31

I live in the UK! So just got it from my local pharmacy for around 2 pounds.

In some cases the overuse of creams and stuff down there can bring too much moisture which is a breeding ground for fungal infections and can make the skin red inflamed itchy and very sore causing further superficial fissures. People then make the mistake of thinking they need more cream so put more aloe down there or whatever, which makes it worse!! Anti fungal will cure the initial problem and make the skin better but whilst you use the antifungal don't use any more creams just give chance for it to work.
Hope that helps!
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby jay2502 » 22 Apr 2015, 05:00

Fissurefrustration wrote:I live in the UK! So just got it from my local pharmacy for around 2 pounds.

In some cases the overuse of creams and stuff down there can bring too much moisture which is a breeding ground for fungal infections and can make the skin red inflamed itchy and very sore causing further superficial fissures. People then make the mistake of thinking they need more cream so put more aloe down there or whatever, which makes it worse!! Anti fungal will cure the initial problem and make the skin better but whilst you use the antifungal don't use any more creams just give chance for it to work.
Hope that helps!

hey yeah sorry i was being stupid, just realised i have seen that cream in superdrug/boots!
i will it it a try, i suspect it may flare up the area :sadd: but i may aswell have a go as nothing else has worked.
jay2502
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 Apr 2015, 06:22

I had the same fear! But it got to the point of "hey what have I got to lose?" and it actually helped a great deal. it's got nothing corrosive in it and should be gentle on your bum x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby msimon » 22 Apr 2015, 19:57

You could always try an oral antifungal or get a cream/ointment compounded that has very gentle ingredients in it. I usually get mine made in a versapro base. I think you would have this in the UK as well? I am in Canada but I think this stuff is international. Either way it is important to keep the area otherwise dry as moisture makes fungus thrive.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64