Antibiotic Nightmare after Fissurectomy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Antibiotic Nightmare after Fissurectomy

Postby Tejas123 » 17 May 2015, 10:30

I got quite a deep fissure 2 years 3 months ago, the doctor prescribed me fybogel (psyllium) for my IBS and it gave me overly large stools so I tore :( I'd had pain for a year or two before then, on and off, but just assumed it was "piles" as I had an external skin tag.

Ever since they have been recurring to various degrees. When I had my EUA, the CRS found a chronic fissure which he did the fissurectomy on, and then 2 other acute ones laterally. He also removed a skin tag which he sent away for a biopsy (I'm not sure why, possibly checking for crohns?). I had a blood test for that and coeliac about a year ago but results were negative.

My stools are always soft/loose but they don't seem to always come out very easily, i'll have to push a little. I know this isn't good, but if I didn't, nothing would happen. The CRS said he'd found faecal loading(constipation) even though I'd pretty much had diarrhea that morning. It really confuses me to be honest.

I don't know if I can see a pelvic floor physio, as I'm on the NHS in the UK it can be hard to get referred, I would love to be able to see a dietitian as well as I'm not getting enough calories right now and find it hard to pinpoint what I should and shouldn't eat.

I guess I will have to see how the healing goes and mention these things at my follow up appointment. Had more diarrhea today, but it could be down the antifungal medication I have no idea!

Sorry you are having a tough time as well, have you tried getting a second opinion? Have you been tested for crohns?
Tejas123
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6