Examination damage

HELP - back to square one!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Examination damage

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 23 May 2015, 07:06

Please help me. I had an examination yesterday with a CRS. He did digital and anoscope. I asked him to be careful as have had fissurectomies and have scar tissue. He made me bleed and it was obvious later that I was going to be in pain for a while. This morning though bowel movement was awful. Feels raw all the way up inside. No blood I could see. I have coconut oil suppositories in and out and have been sitz bathing. Anything other advise to speed up this recovery until the ultrasound I have to have in a few weeks. Feel very depressed I am worse than when I walked in :groan:
Deleted User 4175

Re: Examination damage

Postby msimon » 23 May 2015, 12:45

I know where you are coming from as my fissure was caused by the CRS inserting the anoscope to treat a hemmie. It's been a long and painful road ever since. Sounds like you are doing the right things. Do you have any fissure ointment or could you get some? Nitro, Nifedipine or Diltiazem? Do you take a stool softener? Sorry this happened to you. DId the CRS find anything informative at least? Sending healing vibes your way )))))))))))))))
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 24 May 2015, 04:06

Hi msimon, thank you for replying. I am taking Movicol (always) and Diltiazem unfortunately brings me out in a rash. He found nothing! It doesn't feel like I have nothing now though. He thinks I should have an ultrasound and pressure test? Anyone ever had one, would like to know how much damage that could do? Hopefully I will get time to recover before the next invasion!
Deleted User 4175

Postby msimon » 24 May 2015, 11:48

Are you in the UK? We have nifedipine here, which is like diltiazem but without the rash potential, usually. There is also nitroglycerine/GTN.

I have had a pressure test, prior to a fissure though. They insert a finger first, then a balloon afterwards that they inflate and ask you about various sensations and get you to move your muscles. Then you have to poop the balloon out. This is at least what I had done. I have pelvic floor dysfunction and wasn't able to poop the balloon out so they had to deflate it and pull it out. That was the worst part. I would hope you would be a bit healed up before this test though and especially the ultrasound as they may not show your 'normal' state but rather your 'new' irritated post-examination state. It also may be more painful.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64