Walking home from work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Walking home from work

Postby hurtinend » 03 Jun 2015, 19:59

So the last while has been bad with lots of irritation down there, sometimes pain, sometimes a mixture of deep burning like a hot object is trapped in the opening. I continue Diltiazem but so far it's done nothing for me and actually stings for a few minutes when I apply it.

Anyways walked home from work today, it's a good 40 minutes....a few minutes in I could feel like something was moving in my butt, yes like wiggling in there, it was so uncomfortable and unnerving. I stopped for a few minutes, just so frustrated, I want my life back. Was it a hemmerhoid moving in there? My crs 2 weeks ago saw cracks on the outside and just inside, but couldn't check inside for hemmerhoids because I was just too inflamed.

:groan:
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Re: Walking home from work

Postby Scientist2516 » 04 Jun 2015, 17:12

Hi Hurtinend, this happened to me for a few months. Initially I was almost crawling to work (it's about 1.5 miles). I even asked my employer if I could get a temporary parking permit, since I didn't want to pay for a whole year. They said even if I got a handicapped permit, I'd have to pay the full year. Ridiculous!

However, after a while there was not so much pain, but discomfort. Quite severe discomfort mind you (deep burning describes it), but an improvement. Then a long time when I'd get those wiggly wormy feelings you describe, and a bit of discomfort.

Gradually things improved. I was able to walk at my normal pace again. It took a long time, but I did get there. Hopefully you will too.

The really strange thing was that the morning walk was horrible, but the walk home was usually perfectly fine. I will never understand the weirdness of fissure pain. Especially those wiggly wormy feelings. What was that about? but they went away eventually.

Hugs to you!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby hurtinend » 04 Jun 2015, 19:17

Thanks so much this is crazy stuff? Made we wonder if I have hemmies up there too, who knows. Today I itch more than burn, it's all so bizarre with no real definitive path.

Yes employers and parking.......forget it, can't win that one.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Postby Canadabum » 04 Jun 2015, 23:50

Hurtin....i know the feeling well....like a worm wiggling inside your butt....i have often wondered what was there. Sometimes those feelings fade, sometimes they take center stage. The "recovery" process is a bizarre winding road with many switchbacks and dead ends....lets hope that we are both moving in the right direction overall. I know how awful these feelings and the overall experience is....i really hope it only gets better (for both of us!!)
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Fissurefrustration » 05 Jun 2015, 06:22

I never got this! but walking home from work used to cause me agony, as if i had a pad of acid against my sphincter. it just felt like 100s of papercuts opening with each step... pure hell.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby hurtinend » 05 Jun 2015, 09:53

Yes, agree with you all here. The Diltiazem I take has lidocaine in it, but the lidocaine does absolutely nothing for the irritating pain and burning down there. I don't like the idea of putting painkiller on my butt.

I see the crs on Tuesday so I will tell him this, but he just didn't seem very helpful based on my last visit. I am getting depressed and have not been eating as well lately, although I still take my flax seed, slippery elm and aloe juice to keep my bm soft, which it is. As I shift diets around, I really wonder if diet has much do with the overall condition.

Will keep you all posted, I am considering doing a semi fast for 1 week, but not sure how I'm going to do it yet, research, research.
hurtinend
King Fissure