New Here & So Absolutely DESPERATE

Incredibly Desperate for AF relief

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Here & So Absolutely DESPERATE

Postby Lemonshark » 17 Jun 2015, 22:35

Perhaps I need to see a different surgeon?? Whenever I go to my GP she insists I have a fissure and possibly more deeper but the surgeon insists she sees none...hence why she's opting for hemorrhoidectomy. I don't know that the hemorrhoid is even causing issues unless the swelling is causing the fissure to re-tear??
I will say that ever since combining the hydro and nitro I have been feeling much better until about an hour ago with a bm. I didn't change anything about my diet or medications but feel like I have a really hard stool stuck in there somewhere just pushing on a fissure or something tender.
I have Vicodin but am only going to use it if absolutely necessary and will be sure to use Miralax in combination to avoid the constipation side effect.
Lemonshark
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Lemonshark » 17 Jun 2015, 22:36

I also purchased a microwaveable hot/cold pack that's filled with these gel beads. I heat it up in my microwave for 40 seconds and lay down with my knees bent and put it right under...much more relief from that than the sitz bath
Lemonshark
Fibre Addict

Postby CJCJ » 18 Jun 2015, 21:09

Hey Lemon! I just joined to and posted my own sob story. I don't have any advice (other than the punching thing :) but I TRULY feel for you!!! Best of luck getting through this!

CJ
CJCJ
Fibre Addict

Postby k202 » 12 Jul 2015, 00:05

I'm new here and just posted my story but something that I noticed that you wrote and I noticed in my situation. You wrote that you work from home. My fissure seems to do well during the week and then I have problems on the weekend. What do I do differently from weekday to weekend? I move a lot during the week and lay around a lot on the weekend. Get out and take a 20-30 minute brisk walk each day. I walk regularly during the week; I don't drive, but don't on the weekends. I noticed that I have much better luck with less painful BM's on days where I do a good bit of walking.
k202
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Lemonshark » 12 Jul 2015, 15:57

Hi all!
I know it's been a month since I've last updated.
I was doing great for a while, exercising everyday seemed to really help a lot.
I fell last weekend and suffered concussion so I was in bedrest all week. I didn't change anything about my diet but am now back to horrific pains and lots of blood again...UGH
Lemonshark
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 12 Jul 2015, 20:15

Sorry to hear thst you fell, Lemonshark! Hope you will soon be feeling better again :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Throughgrittedteeth » 13 Jul 2015, 13:39

I found this forum after a desperate search for some pain relief. After months of pain (that puts it lightly doesn't it?) I have bus not had a pain killer for a week! For the last 3 days, although a couple of painful BM's (nothing like before though) I've been almost feeling normal!!! I use FYBOGEL and have upped my fluids (mainly water intake) and bought myself some coconut (Virgin) oil. I apply after every BM (after cleaning with a moist wipe as opposed to loo roll) and before bed. I also use it as a spread on seeded bread! Oh, I mustn't forget I eat All Bran for breakfast now. Really is worth trying all these. No shooting pains in the last 3 days either. My fissure is still there but the pain relief in a week is just that... a relief. At least I'm having a break from it. (I'm in UK)
Throughgrittedteeth

Postby jlm1 » 13 Jul 2015, 20:32

Be very careful with the vicodin. Maybe you can try valium? or valium suppositories? I found them to be very helpful
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22