One week post LIS surgery

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

One week post LIS surgery

Postby Lone_Walker » 24 Jun 2015, 10:53

MAN it ITCHES!!!!!!!! Ok seriously, is this amount of itching normal? I know scratches on skin itch when they are healing so I will assume this is the case.

Today marks one week exactly post lis surgery and it has been quite an adventure. Overall, my experience has not been as bad as I thought it was going to be.

June 16 - Surgery day - Enema 4 hours before surgery, when headed to the hospital. Super scared until the very last minute that they put me down with general anesthesia. Surgery lasted for about 10 minutes, I was out for a full hour. Woke up super thirsty and sleepy but not disoriented. Pain was not bad at all but I was on drugs, got home, had a Colace, chicken noodle soup, yogurt, Benefiber in my almost gallon of water and went to sleep for a good amount of hours. Woke up later with a bit of pain so I took a narcotic and went back to sleep until next day.

June 17 - Day after surgery - Extremely bloated, no BM's. Had my Colace in the morning, light breakfast then Sitz Bath. Pain is tolerable (less than fissure) but is uncomfortable to sit so I laid down most of the time. No narcotics, just Tylenol. Had my normal diet, tons of water, veggies, Benefiber.

June 18 - Feeling better! I started to move around the house, some light chores here and there and I even worked from home...I had a headache probably from coffee withdrawal so I had a small cup and guess what? Bowel Movement coming! I felt it very vaguely as my bottom was not normal, I had no control of it and it was like not part of me yet. That first BM, I thought I was going to die? Nope...It was an actual relief that the level of discomfort was tolerable, not pain-free of course especially since it was a pretty good size but soft thanks to Colace and Benefiber. There was some blood. I did a sitz bath afterwards and took some Tylenol as a precaution. Rest of the day went by pretty normal, pain level a 2-4 out of 10. The leakage started after this BM.

June 19 - Noticing improvements, but not completely pain free. At least more comfortable and that is a big deal for me. Had my BM in the morning, no blood, pain level 1-3 and nothing afterwards, just for a very short amount of time. Walking normal, sitting only on my right cheek.

June 21 - BM in the morning, Sitz bath afterwards, had my breakfast, benefiber and Colace like all the other days...Went to church and it was quite not comfortable sitting. This day in particular I wanted to go home and just be lazy and lay down, so I did. Pain level under control with just Tylenol.

June 22 - Back to the office! wow, it's crazy. In the mornings I feel fine, is after the first BM that i feel uncomfortable but it's understandable, I mean stitches down there, not an easy thing! but the pain is a 2 out of 10 and that makes me feel happy! BM at work very good clean with water afterwards and keep on going.

June 23 - My BM's are coming back to a normal, 2 per day! I had a little bit of blood on the second one, nothing to be alarmed of course but pain level a 1. Lots of leak, just a bit on the underwear and lots of itching!!!!!!!!

June 24 (today) - Itching, itching and more itching...Noticed a tiny size blood dots on the wipe after BM :( Not sure what's up with that...pain is tolerable, a 2 and mostly uncomfortable on my left side down there. Chugging down tons of water, and healthy foods all the way!.

I hope I'm healing properly, sitz baths, Colace, Benefiber, healthy foods, tons of water...I'm following everything properly and doing what's good for me.
Lone_Walker
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: One week post LIS surgery

Postby msimon » 24 Jun 2015, 12:54

Lone Walker. This all sounds very normal following LIS and, yes, the itching is normal. As the skin heals it pulls and I think this is what causes it. Stitches may as well. That, and the moisture from baths and any seepage and ooze from the wound. From what I have heard, if all goes well, the itching shouldn't last more than a week or two.

Hope the healing and pain relief continues for you...
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: One week post LIS surgery

Postby Hopie75 » 06 May 2019, 08:35

I am one week post LIS surgery. Blood isn’t occurring during bowel movements anymore. But, I did have a sharper pain today. I’m definitely not pain free yet. Could this be because of the skin tags I had removed? Any advice would be great. Thanks so much!
Hopie75
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1