Couple of helpful ideas for the pain

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Couple of helpful ideas for the pain

Postby cdubs » 22 Aug 2015, 11:49

Hello, I have been suffering for about 3 months with a fissure. I am still searching for a way to beat it but I wanted to share a couple of things that have been helping me cope. The first is an inversion table. I set it so that it can not go back that far so it is pretty comfortable. I have found that as long as my heart is below my anus then it works. My theory is that it keeps the blood from pulsating at the fissure and provides pretty instant relief from the throbbing pain after a BM. I realize this is not much of a cure but for those that would do anything for instant relief I find that it works pretty well. On my worst days I will spend about five minutes at a time on the table, multiple times throughout the day. You could also find other ways to invert yourself but the table is about $110 on amazon and I find it to be worth it. It also seems to take a little while for the pain to come back each time. I have gotten pretty good at reading, watching TV, ect. at an angle! The other thing I have been doing is that I took a tube of preparation H, cut off the back of the tube, dumped out the contents and washed it clean. I then refilled it with coconut oil and sealed the back of the tube. The preparation H tube has a great insertion tip that is small and rounded with holes on the side but no hole in the top. This makes it easy to insert and apply coconut oil without injecting too much which seems to happen when using a tip that has a hole in the end. I also added a step and go to my toilet and a $37 amazon bidet attachment that is pretty easy to install on the toilet for washing. Hope this helps someone.
cdubs

Topics: 1

Re: Couple of helpful ideas for the pain

Postby owmybum » 24 Aug 2015, 07:36

Thanks for the ideas!
I'm so glad you have found a combination that is working for you!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !