Had surgery today: Fissurectomy & Botox Injections

Advice and information about what comes next

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had surgery today: Fissurectomy & Botox Injections

Postby Gluteus Maximus » 11 Nov 2015, 05:06

Hi. Been a while. At the 2 month mark now. Definite improvement. Pain free most days. If there is any pain it is very mild discomfort. A lot of urgency if u need to go to the toilet. Lately, as I'm returning my diet to normal (which is basically whatever I want to eat, healthy but not heavily monitored) I've been going to the toilet (which takes a long time) and only having a little hardish pellet at the start of the BM come out and that's it. I still feel like I need to go but nothing coming out. Usually within the hour I'm back in the toilet trying again. Frustrating.

BM is skinny and long. Doesn't feel that way, feels a massive log! Only been taking one Coloxyl last week or so. Trying to ween myself off them. Worried I've already become dependent.

Can anyone help with this? How long should I be taking them after surgery? They do help, but worried about long run. Don't want to take them forever.

In the two months I've only had a few little spots of blood. Heals much quicker and pain next to nothing. I think the Botox has worn off. Was due to see doctor today but he cancelled and postponed. Good one doc!

Still yet to have a day where it hasn't been on my mind but would take any day I've had post op compared to the ones I had pre operation.

I've also lost 5kg. Haven't had a salt and vinegar chipotle piece of chocolate for 2 months!

For any new readers...

Water! Water! Water!
Soft fibers! (Pears prunes)
Oats! (No processed fiber like Metamucil or most cereals)
Water!
Soups, soft foods
Vegetables!
Fruit!
ORGANIC COCONUT OIL! Rub it straight on there between GTN applications
HOT SALT BATHS I had one after every BM or at least every night for first month. Still try to have them few times a week.

If you can...
Tissue Regenex Herbal Pills-helps reduce scar tissue
Blackmores SCF silicon and calcium
MAGNESIUM! Heaps!

Surgery was THE BEST THING I COULD HAVE DONE! A little rough at first, but in my case, 2 weeks off work helped enormously. Everyday will get better. In my case, not a single day has been worse than before the operation!

Look after yourself. What goes in must come out. Keep it natural, wet and soft.
Gluteus Maximus
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby thecolonel » 10 Mar 2016, 06:34

Hi Gluteus

I'm in a very similar situation.

Can I ask, who was your surgeon, which hospital, and private or public?

I've noticed alot of Doctors in Melbourne don't like performing the fissurectomy surgery. Which for me I feel is my last hope.

Cheers
The Colonel
thecolonel

Postby Finallyfixed » 12 Mar 2016, 09:25

I as well had the fissurectomy and botox. Took me a solid 8 months to be fully healed. I do drink a gallon of water a day and I could have taken stock out in miralax! But the path of healing after surgery was not an easy one but was well worth it.
Finallyfixed
Fibre Addict

Postby Gluteus Maximus » 12 Mar 2016, 17:04

Hi Colonel and Finallyfixed.

I had my second fissurectomy and Botox operation a fortnight ago. I wasn't too sure if I needed it, as I was feeling fine with only ever slight, rare discomfort. I wasn't healed though, occasional constipation and hard, large BMs kept it that way.

I am feeling pretty great 2 weeks in. Definitely healing faster than last time. I'm taking a full range of homeopathic and herbal drugs for my gut and intestinal lining etc to boost good bacteria and help in digestion. I also visited a spiritual healer in Melbourne after a friend who had the same problem was able to avoid surgery after seeing her. She was amazing! Serious improvement after seeing her last week. I'm happy to share her info if you're at all interested/open to that sort of thing. I am, so it didn't bother me. I was also willing to try anything. This has been a battle for 12 months now. I feel like I'm finally kicking my arse's arse!

I had Doctor Vinna Anne who is a surgical fellow the first time and Doctor Wong 2 weeks ago. Both were great. I requested to see dr Wong before and after the op, he came and chatted, had a look before I went in and made me feel much better about a surgery I wasn't sure I needed to have again. Both were out of Box Hill Eastern Medical hospital. I was a public patient.
Gluteus Maximus
Fibre Addict

Postby Finallyfixed » 12 Mar 2016, 17:12

Glad to hear you are feeling good. You are brave for having the surgery twice. Someone would have to drag me there kicking and screaming! I put myself in yoga as it has physical, mental, and spiritual healing capabilities. Once in yoga, I was able to get myself off the miralax. I didn't feel good about putting that chemical in my body every day! But hopefully you are on the path to recovery for good.
Finallyfixed
Fibre Addict

Postby Gluteus Maximus » 12 Mar 2016, 20:43

Thanks Finallyfixed. The second surgery means I've been taking Coloxyl stool softeners for months now. I'll have to ween myself off these in about a month I predict.
Gluteus Maximus
Fibre Addict