uh oh no BM for 2 days now

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

uh oh no BM for 2 days now

Postby Guest » 24 Jan 2008, 20:16

i finally feel like i am healing. very few spasms, and brief pain only during a bm.
but now, i am constipated. i ate a chocolate brownie that i think did it for me. darn! darn! darn!!! going on day 2 w/o a bm.
i am getting worried now. i took two doses (one per day) of miralax. but nothing is happening.
what can i do? i will be so upset if i ruin any healing i am having :(

Re: uh oh no BM for 2 days now

Postby happyass » 24 Jan 2008, 21:04

i wouldn't sweat it!
just be calm and don't let it get you anxious.
if this is the first time you are experiencing this, then yes, it's a bit of a challenge to be able to be calm.
however, when i got in a rut like this - and it happened in cycles - i realized that sometimes a belated bm was a better bm!
just go when your body tells you......and you will be okay rather than forcing a bm to happen....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2008, 10:08

I can understand how missing a bm can be stressful. I wonder all sorts of things when that happens to me and worry that it will be a hard stool to pass the next time.

Miralax can take awhile to work. It is more for maintenance and prevention. I like Milk of Magnesia if I am already constipated. I would not suggest you take the full capfull though to start. Maybe just a tablespoon before you go to bed. I do try to tell myself that my body will go when it is ready and to trust its natural rhythm.

I bet by the time you read this you will have gone!

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jan 2008, 10:29

MOM is good and if you are really worries you can try an enema. I would dump out all the saline solution that comes in the disposable ones from the store and fill it with warm water.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 25 Jan 2008, 20:59

the miralax kicked in and not only did i have a bm, it was also pain free!!!!! crossing my fingers that i think i am healing. very few spasms, if any, and now a pain free bm?? wow!
i think the yin-care and nipedifine are working for me.

Postby Fissulyna » 25 Jan 2008, 21:51

That is just fantastic Mom !!!!!!!!!! Keep doing what you are doing - keep it up for months when your fissure goes away - I know it is boring but that is the only way !!!!!
Best of luck !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61