Uhoh...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Uhoh...

Postby small_flower » 16 Mar 2007, 10:35

Hi everyone,
Well, its unfortunate, but I think I might have reopened the surgical incision that was used to get rid of my original fissure. I feel a little pinching now and then, and there was a little blood on the toilet paper. I thought it was from using that sand paper like toilet paper at school (having forgotten my charmin freshmates) but maybe I was wrong. So now im feeling kind of sad Image
What am I to do? Should i just keep doing like I'm doing? I'll probably add back in as many soaks a day as I can muster, and keep taking my fiber supplement...
On top of this my poor mum came down with a very nasty stomach flu, so I am trying to keep my distance, and am washing my hands a lot, because that is something I simply do not need.
Ahh, I've often heard from others here that there will be good days and bad days. I guess this is one of the bad ones. If it has reopened, it certainly doesnt cause me a lot of pain, its actually very very slight, but I can feel that something is there that wasn't before. Oh well. :no:
I hope it heals up soon. I have a snow day today, so thats good, i'll sit back and do some work and take it easy.
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Uhoh...

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2007, 11:31

Hey Kate,
Sorry you are having a bad day! But don't despair-it is probably just a very small setback that will improve over the weekend. I remember when I had my incision from hemorrhoid surgery I felt some pulling and tightening as the skin was trying to pull together to close up so that is probably just your bottom healing.
When you went to the bathroom did your stool feel kind of rough coming out? When was the last time that you had any bleeding when you wiped? I know when I bleed I sometimes feel like Dang, now I have to start all over with the healing again, but usually the next day it is better. So don't despair! I bet tomorrow you will be better.
I think definitely your plan to take a lot of baths and take it easy and wash your hands to keep from getting sick is a good idea.
Everything is going to be fine!
Lecia

Postby small_flower » 16 Mar 2007, 12:53

Thanks Lecia, you really made me feel better.
I hope what you say is the case. My BM's have actually been really soft, just as they should be. Sometimes (I have no idea why) they start out a little rough, and then the rest of the BM is soft as can be. Maybe thats why I bled a little.
The last time I bled was yesterday. No bleeding today though. Thats a good sign i think.
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 16 Mar 2007, 13:00

Yeah, I have the same problem-the first part feel rough and then it is fine. I do put some A & D ointment (you can find it in the baby care aisle) on the area that bleeds before I go to kind of seal and protect it. It doesn't work perfectly but it does seem to help.
I also ordered some KY jelly from drugstore.com I thought I would try to see if it would make that first part just slip by. I was too embarrassed to buy it at the store the other day with my 4 year old! I'll try it and let you know how it works!
Glad it wasn't bleeding today. I don't think a few small spots are too worrisome. Just take it easy-take a good book into the tub with you and soak!
Have a good weekend!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 27 Mar 2007, 20:29

hey hows it been since u posted? has the fissure bahved itself since?
xx

Postby small_flower » 27 Mar 2007, 20:49

The fissure has actually seemed to reheal itself. I have been keeping up with my fiber and making sure that the area is dry and clean. It was really itching for awhile, particularly when I was goign to bed at night, but that seems to have solved itself. So overall, I've been doing great! I found these granola bars by Fiber One, and they are awesome! They taste really good! They are peanut butter and oat and have 9 grams of fiber in one bar, so they have been extremely helpful in my trying to keep up with my fiber diet.
As far as my body goes, things have been smooth sailing. Now all I have to do is get through allergy season.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby happyass » 28 Mar 2007, 06:07

i was thinking about all of us who suffer from night time itching when i went to a science museum that just opened an exhibit on infectious diseases. there are pin worms that live in our rectums and then come out at night to our anus and make us itch and go crazy.....
so the next time you have night itchies, maybe it's the friend, pinworm, coming out to play and say hi!!!!
it's amazing what can live in our ass....let alone, in our bodies somewhere.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Mar 2007, 08:03

Oh, Gareth, we didn't need to know that!!!
UUUUUUUGGGHHH!
At least you called them "friends!"
Deleted User 5

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion