UK Health Show

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

UK Health Show

Postby PaulOutline » 17 Jul 2013, 06:31

Does anyone in the UK have a great home remedy that they swear by for fissures? Or to help with constipation etc?
I hope you don't mind me posting on here, but I'm eager to speak with people who have found a home remedy that works for them! I work as an on a new Health Show and we have heard of lots of people having success with various treatments.
We’d love to speak with anyone who is keen to share their home remedies to see if it might be able to help others! Just email health [@] outlineproductions [dot] co [dot] uk or call 0207 424 7689
PaulOutline

Topics: 1

Re: UK Health Show

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Jul 2013, 13:41

Sounds intriguing Paul!
Can you tell us anymore about this show at all?
When is it due to be broadcast/ on what channel etc??
Thanks.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby PaulOutline » 17 Jul 2013, 13:57

We are just waiting for the channel to announce the show, so we can't say the channel at present, but I can say that it is for one of the main UK terrestrial broadcasters.
Basically people who swear by a home remedy sit down and talk with a panel of 3 GPs about their treatment, the GPs discuss with them why it may work and then if the panel decide they would like to explore the science behind it, they can choose to put it to a scientific research trial to see if it might be a good alternative for people who suffer from the same condition to use.
If you would like to know please give us a call or fire over some more questions.
Do you know any good remedies?
Many thanks
Paul
PaulOutline

Postby Ever the Optimist » 17 Jul 2013, 14:55

Hi Paul,
I think if you develop a chronic anal fissure, most people will agree that they are extremely difficult to treat and they take a long time to heal naturally, sometimes surgery is the only intervention. I was fortunate, in that mine did heal naturally but I'm not sure there is a "miracle" cure for these, although we would all love to discover one if one indeed does exist!! Mine healed through good old conservative methods, changing dietary and toilet habits for life, it was helped greatly by the help of Diltiazem cream and relieved greatly by hot baths & Coconut Oil. Trust me I tried MANY things, (as we all have) that might have helped relieve it all but I don't think any one thing alone actually "cured" it other than time, patience and a lot of positive thinking (and the above) - Some people here use Manuka Honey, which has also been very helpful in recovery processes.
It would be interesting to hear more about your research and your findings.
Trust me, all of us sufferers have probably spent hours scouring the web for answers and solutions, and most links will bring you back to this site!! I can't offer you more than what I have given you but I do hope something comes up that you find of interest.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby marg6043 » 19 Jul 2013, 20:38

PaulOutline, hi there, I agree with Ever the Optimist, I also healed naturally but it wasn't actually a miracle home cure per say, but a lot of different things that I used to call trial an error in order to relief pain and discomfort, fissures take a long time to heal, sometimes if feels like nothing helps and then is those days that thing no longer are as painful as they used to.
One thing is for sure life is never the same after a fissure experience.:D 
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby PaulOutline » 22 Jul 2013, 04:38

Thanks guys, it sounds like fissures may not be the right field but if you do hear of anyone in the UK who swears by any other home remedies for any ailments then please put them in touch with me.
Best regards
Paul
PaulOutline