update!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

update!

Postby mmb0423 » 10 Mar 2010, 14:06

Went to the CRS today for a check up. Last week was so much better, but I had a little bit of a painful movement on Saturday so I was a little nervous about what he would say. It's been feeling pretty good since then though. He was really happy with the healing so far of the fissure and that it was about 50% healed. He said that he thinks if I continue working to keep the stools soft and using the diltiazem cream I should hopefully heal completely. I'm going back in another 4 weeks. He said if I have any troubles between now and then or things aren't healed more at the next appointment we can try the Botox. I feel better knowing that things are looking good, since I have been feeling a lot better. My husband and I made the call yesterday that I won't be going back to teaching until August, so I can enjoy some pain free time with the little one. I think that this will also help keep my stress level down, which will also hopefully promote some healing! I'm really praying that all of the pain is a thing of the past! I'm going to keep working really hard to get this thing healed 100%!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: update!

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 Mar 2010, 14:21

Nice, 50% is great progress! Just don't get overconfident once it feels like things are back to normal -- I made that mistake a couple of times and paid dearly for it :) Hope your upward trend continues :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Mar 2010, 14:45

That is great news ! Stay diligent with your regiment for many, many months (about a year) even after you heal since that area needs up to 2 years to completely regain it's previous strength !!!
As NeuroG said - even when it is completely healed (100%), one small mistake can cause it to open again : (((.
Wishing you the best of luck !!! : )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 10 Mar 2010, 15:49

Michelle,
Enjoy that extra time with your babe!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46