Varices or hemmoroid

Identification of varices or hemmoroid

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Varices or hemmoroid

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 03 Jun 2015, 10:39

My doctor has diagnosed either an anal varices(varicose Vein) or a thrombosed hemmoroid. Sent me to a CRS to diagnose as she could also feel "something small inside" too. CRS didn't see it. I can see it everyday, it is always there. He said to photograph it. I left his office no further on. I have daily constant pain internally in the area of the vein. What is the treatment for something like this. Could I have been treated there and then if it was seen? Quite angry.
Deleted User 4175

Re: Varices or hemmoroid

Postby Savaici » 10 Jun 2015, 08:16

Hope you have managed to sort it out copycats? A thrombosed hemmie - if it is that - can be extremely painful. So often happens that when you see a CRS, they don't see it. Also, depending on how long you have had this, you could be getting chronic ainin the area as I did, and I went through that for nearly two years. To me, when you say veins, that sounds lke hemorrhoids, and they can be very painful, but a different pain than that of a fissure. Sorry that you did not get a real answer. Neither did I from the various CRSs I saw. Just had to use all the info on here and eventually things improved.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 12 Jul 2015, 16:35

Update on my previous post. It was a large, thrombosed varicocity. I had it excised nearly three weeks ago. I suppose from my readings on here the procedure would be like a hemerroidectomy. I am healing slowly. It is going to take a while. I have read about 6 weeks. I had been suffering with this thrombosed vein for 8 months. Just hope this is the beginning of the end.
Deleted User 4175

Postby Scientist2516 » 12 Jul 2015, 22:47

I hope so too, copycats. I hope you heal quickly! Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16