Vaseline and Nifedipine

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Vaseline and Nifedipine

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007, 07:15

So I tried to use my Nifedipine for the second time. Because it is mixed with vaseline, I feel like it's choking my anus. After a few days, I think it actually starts irritating it as well. Does anyone else get this feeling with vaseline? I read that it can trap bacteria in the rectum if used to much or often.

Re: Vaseline and Nifedipine

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007, 09:38

I think I did hear that about vaseline. That it can suffocate the tissue in a sense. I wonder if that is the base that they use though in the cream? I know they used something similar to vaseline when I was going through burn debridment to keep the gauze from sticking to the skin and I don't think they would have used vaseline though.
You have a good point but I didn't notice any problems when I was on the cream though.

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 23 Jul 2007, 09:56

I haven't noticed any problems with the Nifedipine...although that's good to know about the vaseline...I've been using that before BMs...I think I might stop and go back to using Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E instead.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Jul 2007, 10:33

I think if vaseline is just sitting there thick on the skin, it can chike the pores, but with the anus, it's a membrane, so I wouldn't know. I know it never gave me any problems, but individually it may be cause some irritation.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2007, 11:12

Thanks everyone!