Vitamin E

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Vitamin E

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 11:26

Has anyone tried applying VitaminE to their fissure? I just remember it as a child anytime i had a stubborn wound that was slow to heal vitamin E was very soothing and seemed to aid the healing process very quickly. I am afraid to try anything that may exacerbate the situation so i thought i'd ask first.

Re: Vitamin E

Postby buttgirl » 25 Sep 2007, 13:33

I tried it. I find it soothing and had no adverse effects. I've heard of some people developing a reaction after a while though. My usual vit E oil is in a base of safflower oil. I've been using it for months with no bad effects. Sometimes it works when nothing else does.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 14:56

My CRS recommended this for the sentinel pile I had from the fissure. I chose to use Aloe instead but he said either would be fine.

Postby val » 26 Sep 2007, 13:26

I use wheatgerm oil which is really soothing and get vitimin E capsules which you're supposed to take as a supplement and cut them and use those. Actually, I used to use them instead of a night cream on my face and they worked brilliantly!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 02 Oct 2007, 14:41

i liked that the vitamin E did help soothe the ache and irritation especially after a very painful poo.
i recommend getting palmers cocoa butter with vitamin e creme so you can apply before and after a poo.
it will help with the soothing and healing.
i also love cold aloe vera.
and i really really am a fan of VICKS vapor rub. believe it or not, it was one of the best things my mom told me to use when i was at my wits end with my skin tag!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 03 Oct 2007, 22:28

Lecia, how is the skin tag doing now? Did aloe vera help it reduce in size? I've heard that skin tags don't ever really disappear completely - do you know if that's true?
I've also wondered if tea tree oil may help - it usually helps well with mosquito bites, acne, etc.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 04 Oct 2007, 06:59

I really can't find that first skin tag anymore. The aloe vera really made a difference. Of course now I have another one from the latest butt fiasco but the aloe is helping to soften it.
I know tea tree oil is an antiseptic but I wonder if it would be a bit too strong for the anal region. Any volunteers willing to try it and report on the results?????

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Oct 2007, 08:27

It's not a bad idea to take the "E" orally, too, and allow healing from within. It's great for skin and membranes...like anus's...
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 22 Sep 2008, 17:05

OMG this is an old post!
Does anyone still put Vit E oil on their fissure? Did it make a huge difference? I have been thinking of buying some.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Sep 2008, 17:20

Vit E can't hurt , and Aloe of course is great all over. I tried tea tree suppositories for yeast - work like a charm. Some would end up on anus eventually - had very nice cooling effect - now - it is just my experience and I did not have OPEN wound at that point Image .
Best of luck Jen-bud Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61