What are signs the Af might be healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What are signs the Af might be healing?

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 05:37

Good Morning,
I go to the CRS tomorrow. Will he be able to tell if it is healing yet? Are there any signs I would be able to notice?
BBG
Patty

Re: What are signs the Af might be healing?

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 07:31

I think if it is healing the tissue will be showing signs of pulling together and maybe some hardening. I don't really know for sure. I remember going to the CRS and she would say it was healing and I would be thinking "you've got to be kidding" because it would still hurt!
For a lot of people, healing seems to coincide with itching. Also less bleeding, less pain, less thinking about your bottom.
Let us now how it goes tomorrow!

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 08:14

Thanks Lecia.
I will let you know how it goes with the CRS. I have all my questions typed out and ready to go. I have a small bag with my creams and babywipes to take with me, plus directions. I have a 50 min ride to Rochester. Hopefully it will go well my sister will be with me.
BBG
Patty
P.S. I made the graduation!! (My niece received 7 awards) with no pain all day thanks to your advice hehehe, but I won't let my guard down with this AF.
It's funny I can go for days and days with pain and every once in awhile I have one really good day..

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 08:19

Yes, those days are such a blessing aren't they? I am so glad you had one yesterday and got to go to the graduation and see your niece receive so many rewards. That is awesome!
Yeah, I know about the long car rides. My CRS is in Atlanta 2 hours away from me so it was such a pain literally to get down there! I was like "this visit better be worth it!"

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 09:08

Lecia,
I totally agree. We have some great hospitals here in Upsate New York. I am going to Rocheter General Hospital. It is a good place with alot of specialties, but is is almost an hour away. I researched a CRS and this was the closest one. I did more research than my PCP. LOL.
I also love those good days because silly little things like th laundry and dishes and stuff like that need to me done (my fav duties not) But I try to cram in as much as I can when I do feel good.
Thanks again for all your support. I will keep the forum up all day to see who is on. When do you go on Vacation? I hope you have a great time you deserve it!!! I will keep you posted.
BBG
Patty

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 09:11

I know what you mean. On those days it was like I was happy just to be scrubbing the floors and doing the most mundane things. Pain really does give you a different perspective on life and for those who are suffering.
I am leaving on Wednesday. I am bringing my laptop and hope to get wireless connection here and there so I can check in!
Enjoy your Sunday and chat soon!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 09:43

Lecia,
Enjoy your Sunday too!! Take care...Patty..

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Jun 2007, 09:43

Patty, I am glad you made the graduation and aren't having the pain so badly! I'm sure you are learning by now that a run of good says can set you up for a big let-down when you do resume the AF episodes. Just keep doing everything right, and you'll have fewer painful days, and hopefully when you do have them, they won't hurt quite so much...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2007, 13:41

Kim
Thanks for the encouragement. I was in pain most of the morning and now its down to a dull ache. Wow 2 good aftenoons I am shocked. I go to CRS tomorrow, so hopefully he will be able to tell me how good or how bad it is. I am ready with all my questions! You guys are he best on this forum. I will let you know how it goes.
BBG
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Jun 2007, 14:58

OK, keep us posted. It will be interesting to hear what he has to say!
Deleted User 5