What if I get fat?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What if I get fat?

Postby SurvivorX » 10 Apr 2016, 15:17

This is probably the dumbest idea ever but anyway.
I would like to hear from the admins of this forum - as the people with the most experience.
Ive been suffering badly for two years now post 6 operations - pain is with me all the time with each and every movement. I often have the feeling this nightmare will never end. Ive been told this is nerve damage after all the operations.
Now thinking logically - since I`m still in pain for two years and nothing helps Ive tried all the ointments and operations one can possibly get - isn't my only option to start eating like a champ and just get fat as soon as possible. Wouldnt that create additional fat and tissue in the area to cover for the nerve damage.
After all this is the problem we all have right ? Problem with regenerating tissue in the damaged area.
Anyone else that thinks this might be a good idea?
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: What if I get fat?

Postby Savaici » 11 Apr 2016, 12:00

No, I don't think that's a good idea, personally. Never heard of doing that, and never had anyone ask before. I lost a lot of weight when my fissure was very active, but put some back on and things seem the same - not in agony, but always have to be careful.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 17 Apr 2016, 11:25

I've never heard of that before either. Wouldn't the increased food intake just produce larger bms and irritate things further??

I'm in the same boat as you. I have nerve damage from surgeries. I have fortunately noticed an improvement in my pain level over the last 6 months or so. I just put it down to time... Time is a great healer they say.

I also accept the fact I will never be without some sensation down there... And that has helped too.... Fighting against the pain and discomfort only helped to make me tense and exasperate the painful cycle further.

I would urge you to carry on being mindful of what you eat and pamper your bott for a while longer..... And see how things go.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby SurvivorX » 19 Apr 2016, 13:45

owmybum when was your last surgery? I've been told nerves calm down only after 2 years after the surgery. So if you're within the 2 years you shouldn't loose hope and accept your pain is eternal. do you honestly believe you'll have the sensation down there whole your life - I`m in the same boat as you and sincerely hope it`s not a life sentence.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Postby Casperblue » 21 Apr 2016, 17:01

I posted in the LIS considering thread about adipose stem cell injections...theres a clinic in the bahamas that does this. Its supposed to heal fistulas too.
Theres other clinics in the USA too.
Casperblue
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby SurvivorX » 22 Apr 2016, 07:57

Can you pls provide a link regarding these injections.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Postby Casperblue » 22 Apr 2016, 09:37

www.okyanos.com

The patient coordinator is Dr. Moira Dolan.
Casperblue
Fibre Addict

Postby SurvivorX » 22 Apr 2016, 14:51

Thank you. I searched the web however wasn't able to find evidence that anyone suffering from chronic anal fissure was cured via cell injections. If you have such info pls do tell.
SurvivorX
Salt Bather

Postby Casperblue » 22 Apr 2016, 15:23

I talked to Dr Dolan, she told me they treated a patient for that. Its stem cells, they are supposed to regeneate tissues. Thats what I came on the forum to see: if anyone had tried it. It would be a new treatment, not yet used in the USA.
I have other damages from childbirth too, so I was reading about the stem cells for all these other conditions (knees, joints) and thought I wonder if i could get a shot of that to help heal all this stuff and so I called Okyanos and asked them if its something they treat even though it wasnt advertised. It is used so far in USA for scars, plastic surgery, ect.
The way it was explained to me is that stem cells are all around healers or scars, inflammation, tissue damage.
Casperblue
Fibre Addict

Postby SurvivorX » 24 Apr 2016, 16:58

they treated a patient for that

So was he cured?
SurvivorX
Salt Bather