What time of day do you take Miralax/Restoralax?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What time of day do you take Miralax/Restoralax?

Postby Daisy Mac » 07 Aug 2015, 23:47

I usually take mine mid-day because that's just when it's easiest to remember, but it doesn't work if I don't stick to my fissure-friendly diet 100%. I'm wondering if the time of day might make a difference. I would really like to be able to eat something other than the five or so things I've been eating without getting bunged up. I'm breastfeeding so I think I'm more prone to constipation than average.
Daisy Mac
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: What time of day do you take Miralax/Restoralax?

Postby Sufferingbadly » 08 Aug 2015, 00:30

Hi daisy, I'm also breastfeeding. I take my miralax every night before I go to bed. But I try to take it at 8pm. Sometimes I forget and I'll take it at 10pm. I think it helps with my morning BM. Then, as long as I drink 92oz of water a day, I'm usually ok. My diet consists of a lot of avocados, brown rice, chicken, whole wheat pita bread and hummus dips, tamales (when I have the time to make them) lots of salads, whole wheat toast with flaxseed peanut butter ontop, kiwis, nectarines, half of a banana,
Artichokes(sometimes)..My baby is easily gassy so I stay away from broccoli, cauliflower, prunes & prune juice, beans, dairy. I'd say my diet is pretty limited too. And ohh man , how I miss my morning cups of coffee!!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Re: What time of day do you take Miralax/Restoralax?

Postby k202 » 14 Aug 2015, 21:55

4:45 p.m. every day. I want to ensure an evening B.M. schedule so I don't have to go number two at work and can be in the luxury of my own bathroom where everything is set up for a successful B.M. I think it more depends on when you want to have a B.M. I usually have one between 7:00-8:00 p.m. and it is usually always 2-3 hours after taking the miralax. I take it right before leaving work.
k202
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3