What worked for me.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What worked for me.

Postby Doodle » 09 Jun 2017, 07:35

Hello everyone,

I first got a fissure 3 months ago. I was quickly to realize it was indeed an acute fissure. So I took these steps below, and it seems I'm cured now. Let's hope it's permanent!

Here's my solution and what did it for me:

- I quit drinking coffee.
- I exercised more.
- 4 prunes a day to keep stools soft and moist.

Ointments that really worked:

- 3 days of ketoconazole cream (anti-fungus)
- 14 days of my own formula (still doing it today)

I discovered this formula on PubMed, written by Indian Scientists [1]. It really worked for me. I think this was the final solution to my problem:

1 part honey.
1 part pharmaceutical grade beeswax.
1 part olive oil.

Slowly warm it in a pot until it melts. 60C/140F Stir well. Put in a jar or container, let it cool down. It should be a bit thicker than honey. Dip index finger in it, about half an inch and apply after each visit to the toilet.

After I used this formula, I didn't had any problems anymore. The pain vanished the second day. And I hope it stays this way, because this condition truly brought me to tears! I've been pain free for 14 days now, right after I used this formula.

I think the beeswax is putting a thin layer over it, while the olive oil lubricates and the honey kills bacteria. The only side-effect I experienced was a temporary headache. This is probably due to the fact that Honey enhances nitric oxide production.

Thank God for bees though!

I think it's essential to treat the pain as quickly as possible, so that I didn't became afraid of going to the toilet and cramp up. I have done PC muscle exercises before I got the fissure, so knowing how to relax this muscle was also a huge help. Don't hold anything inside, that's the worst thing for a fissure. The lesson I took away from all of this is: If you must go, go. Go immediately, otherwise the muscle will be in a permanent state of cramp as it learns to stay tightened all the time.

[1] Paper: The safety and efficacy of a mixture of honey, olive oil, and beeswax for the management of hemorrhoids and anal fissure: a pilot study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17369999
Free PDF paper: http://downloads.hindawi.com/journals/t ... 602698.pdf
Doodle

Topics: 1