Where they cut...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Where they cut...

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 14:42

Could any of you see or feel where they actual made the incision or was it too high up?
I ask because there seems to be some sort of incision that I can feel and kind of see and so I'm wondering if that's where they actually cut or if what I'm feeing is perhaps a cut left from an instrument they may have used.
Thanks.

Re: Where they cut...

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 May 2007, 15:06

It's too high up to see...during a lateral sphincterotomy it's the spincter tissue that is cut. Your fissure may be visible just above the opening of the anus, but I'm no CR physician...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 16:30

Hmm. Then I wonder what this gash/cut is that hurts near the opening of my arsehole. I guess I should call the hospital.
:oops:

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 16:48

I don't really know either! I know that you can have swelling and some protrusion during the healing of the tissue as inflammation occurs after surgery so maybe that is it. But it is probably a good idea to talk to your doctor just to make sure.
Hang in there!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 17:45

I have an area I can feel-its like a lump.

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 21:21

Ohmyarse,
I think that some incisions for LIS may be visible. I never looked to see if I could see the incision(because I could not bear to look) but it sure felt like I had a cut that was healing on the right side of my Bhole right wheree it opens up. So... I would not be to worried about the "gash/cut at the opening of your arse", unless the pain gets pretty intense or it starts to swell. IMHO

Postby Guest » 19 May 2007, 00:26

Thanks everybody.
I left a message with the doctor's nurse this afternoon, but the doctor never called me back. So, I guess I will have to wait till Monday. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 May 2007, 08:12

Well, the fissure itself is nearer to the anal opening than the cut for the LIS.
If it's not causing any pain or anything,Ii would be comfortable waiting until Monday to find out....
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 01:09

It hurts a bit. Especially when I wipe after using the restroom b/c the tp rubs against it.

Postby Guest » 20 May 2007, 01:42

Is it possible that what I'm seeing and feeling is an abscess or fistula? I don't really know much about either, but now I am freaking out because I don't know what it is.

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion