Why am I struggling to digest some foods?

Tmi

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Why am I struggling to digest some foods?

Postby missy moo » 21 Jul 2021, 16:07

I ate chickpeas and quinoa salad Sunday night for dinner and Monday for lunch its now Thursday morning and I'm still constipated and still seeing quinoa and chickpeas in the bowl its not in whole pieces or anything but its fudgy and difficult to pass i dont want to push but can feel the other days worth of food backed up behind it. Its slowed my digestion almost to a complete halt. I read about the low fodmap diet. Also read about different carbohydrates, digesting differently off fermenting in the gut. Clearly these don't agree with me. Any helpful information will be greatly appreciated please
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Re: Why am I struggling to digest some foods?

Postby Fissurefrustration » 28 Jul 2021, 13:10

Hey Missy,

you've posted a great website with some tips but something to add - try flax seed on top of wholemeal porridge every single morning, and add flax seed to a smoothie every lunch. it's done wonders for me! you can get it easily from health shops or amazon :)
FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Re: Why am I struggling to digest some foods?

Postby missy moo » 28 Jul 2021, 18:43

Hey ff, since this post I've quit softeners and i am 11days into my low fodmap diet the chickpeas and quinoa were on the diet but did not agree with me so i dropped them. This diet is going great my body is detoxing. I've never felt healthier. My bms are on the way to normal not perfect but huge changes are happening. I'll keep updating on my botox again thread.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37