Wondering..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Wondering..

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 14:00

So my surgery is scheduled for next Thurs. and I must say that I am nervous. The thing is that I can really only stay home and rest from that Thurs. until Mon. (5 days) because I have to get back to school. I was wondering if you guys/gals think that I will be able to survive having to sit in class for about 3 hours after only 5 days and what I could possibly do since I really do not have a choice. Image
Thanks!

Re: Wondering..

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 May 2007, 14:14

Are you a teacher or a student? If you're a teacher, you can stand!!!
Just avoid the pain killers at all costs if you can, I think they are what made me feel so weak after taking so many and then coming off them. I think. Five days is pretty good but 10 would be so much better.
If you sit on one cheek or the other (I've already advised this one today!) it will help. You must not sit directly on the anus for any length of time after just five days, so practice the one cheek method. You may already be expert at it!
Congrats on the surgery...don't be nervous. Ask MB, he'll tell like I'm telling oyu, the bit at the hospital isn't really bad at all. The recovery was worse for me, but still not that bad.
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 14:20

Well, you have to do what you have to do and I understand that! Somehow, we manage but you do want to minimize the discomfort and irritation. Is the class one 3 hour chunk or do you have 3 different classes?
When I have to sit in the car for a long time I put my feet up on the dashboard and scooch my bottom down toward the edge a bit so that I am not sitting directly on that. I wonder if you can get an empty desk in front of you and bend your knees and put you feet up that way.
I bet though if you are handling it okay now with the fissure it won't be as bad after the surgery.
Let us know how things are going-you are going to feel much better soon!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 15:46

I had mine on a Thurs and went back to work on a Monday!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 May 2007, 16:20

Noelle, you are one tough cookie!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 16:23

That's for sure!!!

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 16:50

Ohmyarse,
I would try to take a pillow or something with you if you can. I found that if I sat it was more tolerable on a pillow.

As soon as you finish those 3 hours of class sitting try to get lined up to study in a hot bathtub or hot tub or siting on a sitz bath. I found that really helped.

Noelle probably is a good person to get advice from in that she went right back fulltime after a three day layoff.

You can do it and you will be so glad to be rid of the spasm pain you can't believe how much better you will feel.

I had surgery one week ago today and today is the first day that I have felt really good. I spent about 5 hours on a tractor today grading a gravel road pushing up a brush pile with a front end loader and mowing about 5 acres. I spent about another 2 hours running errands in ;the truck and about 45 minutes hooking equipment up and unhooking equipment on the tractor. I came in feeling pretty good and am getting ready to go to church for a little bit. It is the first night that I have felt up to that . And today is the most active day that I have had.

Kim is right on about the pain pills. Take what yu need to but the less you have to take the better off you are in the long run. But don't walk or lay or sit around in agony If you are hurting real bad take one. Yesterday was the first day that I did not take any. I had only taken one per day though since Sat.

I will keep you , your surgery and your recovery in my prayers as I will everyone else on this forum as well.
You Guys are Wonderful!!
GOD Bless All!!

Postby Guest » 09 May 2007, 23:48

Thanks everybody! You're all so wonderful.
To answer ithurtstosit's question.. I am a student. I am a senior finishing up my bachelor's degree in psychology.
Oh and Lecia, I have two classes and I have a 15 min. break in between them, but if I'm not feeling well after my first class, I'll just go home.

Postby Guest » 10 May 2007, 06:17

You know I really am a big baby. The fissure before drove me crazy, as you remember. I think I had an excellent surgeon. I can't quite figure it out. I had nothing like the pain I hear. Of course now when I go walking I have a very small amount--but I could have went back to work the next day!

Postby Guest » 10 May 2007, 10:11

I was also wondering if you all thought that it would be a bad idea to go swimming only a week after the surgery.
I want to go away for memorial day weekend, but I'm worried that the chlorine in the pool water wouldn't be good.
Any thoughts?