1 week post surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 1 week post surgery

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2009, 15:18

Right now, if you get that urge to go, you should go! It does sound like maybe the miralax, at the very least, probably exacerbated things a bit.
You know better than anyone about what your body is telling you...if your regularity has changed since surgery, it is probably related. But that doesn't mean it's permanent! My system was in an uproar during the first week, so let me tell you, hang in there for a few more days, chances are things will calm down soon and your old rhythm will return! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby crimeofpassion » 14 Jul 2009, 16:05

Here's some info on what an abscess is (and a fistula): http://www.fascrs.org/patients/conditions/anal_abscess_fistula/
Did you try eating any bananas? I would really stop the fiber completely right now, and maybe cut back on how much you're eating, as another person suggested. And by stopping the fiber, I mean both supplements and foods high in fiber. Clearly your system was overloaded.
How long did you have your fissure before having surgery?
crimeofpassion
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Corsi » 16 Jul 2009, 08:40

Eat bananas like CoP said, and cheese, potaoes, rice...be nice to your stomach. Maybe a glass of wine or Coca Cola? Kim always says that too much fibre isn't good and he is right.
Good luck on the interview :)
Corsi
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18