17 days post fistulotomy

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

17 days post fistulotomy

Postby richibeno » 29 Dec 2012, 13:57

hi guys 17 days post fistulotomy
it has been going well ,but on boxing day i noticed some blood on wetwipe when cleaning after a bm ,the ackyness has come back around anus and in left bum cheak and i think there is a lump or something on the inside no to far from my anus.waiting to here from a out of hours gp ,it worries me so much ,you think its going great then wham hope its nothing
heres to great healing
health and happiness
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: 17 days post fistulotomy

Postby owmybum » 30 Dec 2012, 11:07

Hi richi,
How are you today... What did the gp say?
I am hoping its just a minor set back for you... Due to Xmas overeating... And hope you get back on track really soon.
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby richibeno » 30 Dec 2012, 13:10

hey omb
yes saw gp ,said it looks ok ,she didnt see any lumps or infection said the wound looks like a paper cut like a fisher ,she didnt look inside ,but im seeing my crs this week ,still getting the aching but she said it could be nerves and where the spincter has been cut during the fistulotomy,hope the crs says its ok to seeing him friday ,
been showering clean and sittingin a porta bidet after a bm and sometimes during the day trying to keep the area as clean a poss,
how are you doing
heres to great healing
health and happiness
richibeno
VIP

Postby thefer74 » 30 Dec 2012, 22:55

Hi
It is interesting to hear what you are experiencing 17 days out. Now, I get to look forward to it. I am about 12 days out. My CRS doesn't want to see patients until they are 100 days away from surgery, but since I had a 2nd infection. I will be going in on Friday as well. I was told that the pain peaks around the 14 day mark then decreases. It can takes months to heal from this. I am worried about the cut as it doesn't want to close, but at least it has stopped bleeding.
I also get the achy feeling and pressure. The last couple days, it has been very itchy. I also notice some minor incontinence if I pass gas.
This is one tough surgery to recover from. Having a BM is the worse. I forgot to take my peri-colace last night and struggle with having a BM.
thefer74
Salt Bather

Topics: 22

Postby ZeeZee » 31 Dec 2012, 15:48

Yo Richieeeeeeeee! Wht's up my brother?! You're fine man! Fine as hell! All those thngs are normallllllllll.. Emotions and feelngs tht I had.. Out with 2012 and in with 2013..
Here's to healing.. Here's to good health my brother..
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 01 Jan 2013, 07:39

hey zee good to here from you wishing you and your family a great 2013,hope you are doing ok,
i hope im doing ok still getting the ache,in the area ,
get some blood when i clean only a little ,and only if i have a second bm in a day ,trying to keep it a clean as poss ,warm water wet wipes,shower head ,then i sit in my porta bidet for a while,then dry area with towl and hair drier on low setting ,
maybe christmas diet has caused a bit of agro down there ,so hope to get back on track ,seeing my crs on friday ,hope it goes ok ,
richibeno
VIP

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?