2 fissures

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2 fissures

Postby Guest » 10 Jan 2008, 15:04

Just wondered if anyone else has 2 fissures Image . I havebeen told by the doctor that i have 2.
Think its roughly 6 oclock and twelve o'clock.
Any advice or specifically different approach needed?

Re: 2 fissures

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Jan 2008, 16:35

It's not terribly uncommon, and I'm sure those who've had this double dose of hades will be along soon..
I think that more than ever, you need to keep your stools soft, that is the one approach you might want to be specially aggressive about in dealing with.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jan 2008, 17:00

Yeah : (, that can happen. I read about it many times. It is not as common as having one or having 6 o'clock heal and that 12 open, but it can happen. It must be awful though, one was enough to make me "home bound' !!!! I really feel for you : (((( ! Try all that is advised here and always know that if they do not heal - there is a surgical way to give you relief.
BEST OF LUCK !!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 10 Jan 2008, 19:39

right now i have 2 at the 6 and 12 position. I have had these for a long time and never knew it. I suffer from IBS. Do you have IBS? the 6 and 12 position fissures are common with people who have this issue from what i was told from a doctor in the states.
I use an aloe gel available in the states pictured beside this comment on the left. i use it in the morning and night along with using wet wipes...non medicated disposable. I use the get before and after a BM to avoid reopenning. Seems to work out fine. My stress level and my IBS seems to slow down the healing and that is why i have two per my doctor. If i can control consitpation the bleeding and use the gel everyday the bleed stops and the pain goes away.
Best Regards
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2008, 01:50

Thats intersting Bernard,
I am having blood tests done now to check for IBS etc.
I am going to try to find the Aloe gel here. I have also asked you on another thread; are you taking GTN or equivalent medication to heal internally.
Surely the Aloe only does the external?
Right now I'm 6 weeks in and am really not sureI can make it much longer with the conservative approach.
To be honest and to the point, this has completely ruined my life as I knew it!!!
I'm sure the rest of you feel the same.
I have to go to work every day where its not easy to use a toilet and it fills me with trepidaton.
Each morning I have to go out armed with all the stuff and then have to use some toilet somewhere.
In short the whole thing seems like one long nightmare and I do get very depressed with it as Im sur we all do!!

Postby juney » 11 Jan 2008, 14:20

UK- you should try to train yourself to go in the morning before work. i've been dealing with this for a year and half and only in the past 3 months have i trained myself to have bm every morning at 7am before work. that way i can use my own bathroom and shower, and then i don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
i drink warm water when i wake up and that usually gets things started. once you do this a few days in a row your body will be accustomed to going as soon as you wake up. i also take MOM to help it along, but that's not necessary.
this might alleviate some of your BM-related stress at work. and yes, this is very life-altering and is a nightmare for everyone dealing with it. you just have to be patient and learn to do things to take away some of the pain and stress in the meantime.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Jan 2008, 17:00

Dear UKFiss,
Having fissure is horrible experience - torture of the worst kind !!!!! Some people don't have that pain level, some people have fiss. and don't even know it - believe it or not, and some pass out during BM - that is how intense pain can be. Some people have just spasms after BM, and not "passing glass" feeling during BM, some have pain only during BM and some hours and hours after BM. I had combination of both - extreme pain during defecation which would be followed by spasm pain 24/7. I definitely wanted to die some days and be out of this misery. So, yes, I can completely understand you : (((. Unfortunetaly there is not
too many things that you can try. First is always "conservative" approach - diet, stool softeners, creams, sitz-baths etc. Sometimes they do promote healing. It is just question for how long one can sustain that amount of pain and what is pain level that you have.
I really hope that you will start feeling better soon : ( , but if not, you always have surgery option too.
Best of luck !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 11 Jan 2008, 21:46

this is my approach to my BM schedule as well..before work
juney wrote:UK- you should try to train yourself to go in the morning before work. i've been dealing with this for a year and half and only in the past 3 months have i trained myself to have bm every morning at 7am before work. that way i can use my own bathroom and shower, and then i don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
i drink warm water when i wake up and that usually gets things started. once you do this a few days in a row your body will be accustomed to going as soon as you wake up. i also take MOM to help it along, but that's not necessary.
this might alleviate some of your BM-related stress at work. and yes, this is very life-altering and is a nightmare for everyone dealing with it. you just have to be patient and learn to do things to take away some of the pain and stress in the meantime.
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby bherna1 » 11 Jan 2008, 21:52

i have tried everything with no success. the ibs causes too much pressure down there and i am a stress balll
thanks for asking
bernard
ukfizz wrote:Thats intersting Bernard,
I am having blood tests done now to check for IBS etc.
I am going to try to find the Aloe gel here. I have also asked you on another thread; are you taking GTN or equivalent medication to heal internally.
Surely the Aloe only does the external?
Right now I'm 6 weeks in and am really not sureI can make it much longer with the conservative approach.
To be honest and to the point, this has completely ruined my life as I knew it!!!
I'm sure the rest of you feel the same.
I have to go to work every day where its not easy to use a toilet and it fills me with trepidaton.
Each morning I have to go out armed with all the stuff and then have to use some toilet somewhere.
In short the whole thing seems like one long nightmare and I do get very depressed with it as Im sur we all do!!
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby SunshineHope » 15 Jan 2008, 03:55

I have two as well, in the same spot (or very close to each other) - on one side (like 8 & 7oclock.. ).Its a pain in the ass but whatever. If you can manage getting soft stools, the BMs are so much better.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38