23 Days Post Chemoradiation. Developed New Fissure..

How To Deal With It?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

23 Days Post Chemoradiation. Developed New Fissure..

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 28 Jul 2018, 03:48

If the Cancer and Treatment Misery wasn't enough...now developed a New External Anal Fissure 23 Days post Radiation Treatment. 4:41 Sat Am cant sleep. Misery loves company!

Saw Radiologist and Family Doc this week both said "do nothing..dont take Oxycodene for pain gung you up more...time will heal it! Dont use Nifidopine or Nitroglycerin Creams..leave it alone!"

Was told by others dont go to a Colecteral Surgeon..he/she will 'open up the fissure upon examination...you dont want that either!'

What's A Boy To Do? Help!!! :cry:

Whats the Best Non Dr. Google Stool Softner to use..and one that doesnt make me poo....34 Times A Day Either!!!!
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: 23 Days Post Chemoradiation. Developed New Fissure..

Postby mike1971 » 28 Jul 2018, 18:46

I've used restoralax every 2nd day with some good results. Just 1 cap (17g powder) per serving. You can adjust he dosage if it's too strong or too weak.

Good luck Marc wish you well my man I'm just in Bancroft with the parents had a fistulotomy 2 months ago still having a hard time trying to get well out here in cottage country.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 29 Jul 2018, 07:16

I have the Shoppers Equivalant Clearlax which have been using for a year. Its the one that makes me poo 34 x a day! Maybe one cap every 4 Days and prune juice every 3 Days..Cottage Dreams is a Cancer Recovery Program that matches Cancer Survivors with Cottage Owners in Halliburton for a 'Free Week' I qualify but have to wait a year for open wounds like Fissures to hopefully heal first to go Hot Tubbing or Lake Swimming. 5 hr drive from Ottawa. Thanks...maybe we can meet in the Future. Ottawamarc
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Postby mike1971 » 29 Jul 2018, 07:55

I wish I could enjoy the cottage life but I'm still fighting to get well myself after surgery.

I think that's as good as your going to get with the softener. I'm backed up myself and I go once every 2-3 days. I don't know what it is. Breen like this for 3 months or so. May be due to the stress, inactivity, and meds. I was going twice a day 6 months ago. I've never had this issue before.

How r u feeling?
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 29 Jul 2018, 11:25

Just went out looking for beer and wine bottles for $. Had to poo really bad. Terrible pain while I was out. Came home had another incomplete poo..sitting here in my BD suit wriggling in post BM bath pain....end of month every Tom, Dick...and Harry looking for empty recyclables until we get our Pension Checks Tuesday. Found very little...not worth the Fissure Pain!!
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 29 Jul 2018, 11:30

Having major problems trying to 'clean bum area after every BM' bath...soak....shower hand held...just cant get it all out...too sore to rub. Swish water round A Hole...cant get it all. Need to heal area bad to clean...nothing works!! Need body transplant from California Clinic...brain in new body!!
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather

Postby OttawaMarc1234 » 02 Aug 2018, 02:07

Post 28 Days Chemoradiation 3:06 am..cant sleep cause of fissure pain. Finally tried some Nifidipine Lidocaine Bactoban cream and 1/2 an Oxycodone. The itch has returned as well nasty after yesterday's morning BM. Frustrated.
OttawaMarc1234
Salt Bather