2nd surgery - positive thoughts!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2nd surgery - positive thoughts!

Postby juney » 19 Sep 2007, 15:25

Hi all,
i haven't been on here much lately...but i just wanted to let everyone know i'm having my 2nd LIS surgery next Friday. It has been a little over 4 months since my 1st surgery. I have definitely improved since before the first surgery, but not to the point where i'm comfortable with my quality of life. I still have pain everyday for hours after BM while sitting at my desk, and occasionally with the actual BM. i'm so ready for this to be over!
i just want to ask everyone to keep me in their thoughts and prayers. i'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but i'm paranoid this surgery won't work, since the 1st one didn't. i could really use some positive thoughts from everyone on here who's been so supportive. :) it's especially hard because i have no one to talk to about this except my parents and boyfriend. i'm too embarassed to tell anyone in my extended family. so, my "anal fissure family", please keep me in your thoughts next friday as i go in for my 2nd surgery Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Re: 2nd surgery - positive thoughts!

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2007, 16:00

Of course, Juney-you know we will be happy to.
I think since the first surgery helped improve things, the second one will get you over the hump and on your way to healing.
I will keep you in my prayers-You're gonna do great!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Sep 2007, 16:17

Well will all be rooting and pulling for you, Juney....is that Friday the 28th?
I pray that God guides the surgeon's hand, and that your recovery is painless and effortless. keep a positive attitude as that will go a long way.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 19 Sep 2007, 17:20

Good Luck! I'll be thinking of you. I'm sure this one will help twice as much as the last one.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2007, 17:23

Hey Juney,
I am sending you all kinds of POSITVE :cheer: thoughts. I am sure this one will do the trick. Let us know if you need anything! Good Luck.
Patty

Postby juney » 19 Sep 2007, 21:06

thank you all, it means so much to me!!
and yes, Kim, the surgery is the 28th, just a little over a week away... i've got 2 weeks off work afterward so i'll finally be able to stay off my butt for awhile :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby erik » 19 Sep 2007, 21:34

god bless juney. this will be it for you! I am sending positive vibes your way! erik Image
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19