3 Days Post LIS - Fissure101

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 Days Post LIS - Fissure101

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2007, 12:50

Hi There!
I remember reading somewhere that even after the surgery it can still take 6-8 weeks for the fissure to heal completely. Since the surgery doesn't remove the fissure it only promotes healing by relaxing the muscle it can still take awhile to be completely cured. That is great that the spasms are better-that is reason to celebrate there. :yeehar:
I still get some bleeding from the fissure too. I can go days without bleeding and then it just starts up again.
Thanks for posting on your progress!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Feb 2007, 14:36

I continued to have tiny amounts of bleeding 4-5 weeks out from my surgery. IMHO, it's no cause for alarm unless it's truely severe.

Lecia is correct -- 6- 8 weeks for healing the fissure.

What bugs me here is that you are having spasms. You shouldn't be.
You should have been cured of that from day 1 of the surgery. Regardless of the fact that they are "better," -- they should be gone completely.

However, I have heard of a few cases where the LIS didn't work, or at least not as planned. If you're still having spasms, that's going to slow down the healing process.

here's to hoping it's something else... (minor)

Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 28 Feb 2007, 14:44

Kim,
I noticed you changed your avatar to one less sinister looking! :evil:
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Feb 2007, 14:52

Yes, Padme, a previous post of yours made me realize the sand people might be a bit much for some...!!! Image
Though someone in the middle of a fissure episode might relate quite well to their anger...Image
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 03 Mar 2007, 06:25

hi fissure101,
you seem to be doing well. please don't think that you are not healing or that you should have better this or that.....
everyone's surgery LIS will have different healing results but hopefully will end up with the same end result: a healed fissure.
6-8 weeks is a good time to "examine" if there are improvements. while there may be some improvements - as you mentioned, you have reduced pain from BMs and well, you feel a bit better - there can often be up to 6-8 months for the overall goal of the LIS to really be experienced.
with regards to your spasming, some doctors may not cut deep enough in the LIS procedure and you could end up having spasming. it's not a bad thing and not necessarily a good thing. some of us may be super sensitive down there that we will notice reduced spasming but in time it will go away.
as much as i would like to say, don't worry about it, i can't help you with that but only to say that don't compare your results to others and don't be disappointed or sad or upset that you are not where you thought (expectations) you should be today.
healing is a magical thing.
and in this process, it's not only about healing your fissure, it's about your eating, your mental outlook, and the way you change your daily habits. destress a bit over your amazing recovery and you will see that things will definitely begin to speed up in the recovery department.
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby fissure101 » 21 Mar 2007, 11:49

Had the first visit with the doc. He thinks the fissure has healed about 75%.
I've stopped the Colace. There is occassional mild pain/bleeding if the BM is hard to begin with.
So, one month into surgery, I am not completely healed but getting better slowly I think.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 21 Mar 2007, 13:50

Wow~!That is great news. Are you feeling better? Do you notice a difference? It's great feedback to get from your doctor and glad to hear you are just about there!
Lecai

Postby fissure101 » 22 Mar 2007, 11:55

yes, I'm feeling somewhat better now-a-days. doc wants me to contiinue with the sitz baths.
i'll keep u guys updated.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2007, 12:11

Yeah, I am still doing that too! I am supposed to do 3 times a day but I don't always make it! Keep in touch!

Postby fissure101 » 19 Apr 2007, 08:51

I had my second check up recently with the doc. he said the fissure has healed but there are some superficial tears.
I stopped the Miralax for a couple of days and the BM got a little hard at the beginning. That may have contributed to the tears. No bleeding in last one month. Just a tiny bit yesterday due to the tear.
Doc wants me to continue Miralax for the rest of my life. He said it is harmless and some people just need it.
I hope the superficial tears will go away soon. Not much spasm pain like before. Overall, I'm doing much better compared to pre-surgery. Not perfect yet but way better.
The key is to keep the stool soft.
I've started doing some light weight training. Have relaxed the diet a bit. Will try to keep you guys updated. Best wishes for everyone!
fissure101
Salt Bather

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?