3 Days Post LIS - Fissure101

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 Days Post LIS - Fissure101

Postby fissure101 » 18 Feb 2007, 00:24

today is my 3rd day after the LIS surgery. I do have some tiny (rice grain amount) leakage of stool throughout the day. Is this normal after the surgery? Also some drainage is still there.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: 3 Days Post LIS - Fissure101

Postby Cheryl » 18 Feb 2007, 20:04

Image Welcome to the forum Fissure101!
Sorry i have moved your post, but thought you deserved your own thread!

Congrats on having the LIS - glad you are here as we can definitely help you with your recovery.

With your question, im not too sure if you are talking about oozing or actual blood or stool.. please let me know ... Cheers Image

We all look forward to talking to you more

Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Feb 2007, 11:11

My surgeon told me a small amount of leakage was to be expected. Though it didn't happen with me, I wouldn't worry unless it continues for several days.
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby fissure101 » 19 Feb 2007, 11:49

today is the 5th day after surgery. there is some improvement. less soreness. i can walk straight now.
i'm not feeling much pain from the fissures during BM, just some pain from the cuts from the surgery. i had a skin tag removed and i think that cut hurts more than the actual LIS.
leakage seems to be less of a problem now than it was a few days back.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Feb 2007, 18:23

leakage seems to be less of a problem now than it was a few days back.
I'd be willing to guess it should *rapidly* improve now!
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby fissure101 » 22 Feb 2007, 23:57

about 8 days after surgery. i still feel sore for a couple of hours after the BM. but the pain from the fissure is not there which is good. still grainy leakage a few times during the day. that area is less tender now. still some speck of blood throughout the day from the skin-tag cut. hopefully things will get better in a week.
i'm taking 3 colace every day and 17mg of Miralax. about 3 to 4 liter of water everyday. no meat or dairy.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Postby happyass » 23 Feb 2007, 05:56

hi fissure101,
maybe if you reduce your 3-4 liters of water down to about 2 liters per day it will help with the leakage.
if you still continue with leakage/runny stools with 2 liters, then i would reduce again to 1 liter per day but also begin including 1 cup (8-10 oz) of green tea after meal or just as a beverage throughout the day......enjoy the tea - don't gulp; just sip. just make sure it is green tea.
i am impressed you are without meat or dairy. Image
for meat substitutes, i've discovered (for myself) seitan. yummy. i can make them like chicken mcnuggets with some couscous or some chickpeas and brown rice or polenta and i am a happy camper. i just bought some tempeh, another meat substitute, which i can't wait to try out.
not sure if you are into miso soup, but if you can check it out along with a small seaweed salad. i am not into the seaweed salad but i will get it at least once a week; although should be like every other day or so. i just can't get the "i love this stuff" feeling about the salad. but i know it's good for me so i eat it anyway.
here's to your continued success in healing. if you feel like you are not healing quick enough, better to heal slowly than not heal at all. i am sure your outlook is wonderful though.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 26 Feb 2007, 15:59

Oh gareth!
Miso soup! My acupuncturist told me to try it, and my grammie (who is highly into eastern medicine and macrobiotics) bought me two boxes of the stuff and guess what...my stomach can't handle it! I have two full boxes of miso soup sitting around and I have no idea what to do with them. Too bad you didnt live closer. Image I'd just pass them off to you.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2007, 17:55

hey kate,
what kind of miso soup is it?
i make mine homemade without any artificial ingredients and everything is fresh and not dehydrolized.
there are many types of miso (light to dark variety) and season specific miso. some are perfect for summer, some for winter and some in between.
i make mine with vegan boullion cube in water; bring to a boil, add the wakame and a few dried mushrooms. they both expand and hydrate to beautiful form. then add in fresh cut up firm tofu and green onions with very thinly sliced carrots - and sometimes i make mine as a sweet corn miso soup. boil everything for like 3 minutes. then bring it to a simmer. add in your favorite miso paste (visit www.edenfoods.com to get a variety of miso pastes available that are all natural and healthy). and voila, you have your homemade, fresh, healthy miso soup.
i don't like buying it made already from the supermarket.
it's a labour of love. and while it may not be an instant hit, once you find the right miso paste that you like, it will be a very tasty soup that will soothe, nourish, and celebrate your soul.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby fissure101 » 28 Feb 2007, 12:31

2 weeks after surgery. I think the fissures are still there. Still some bleeding during BM. Post BM spasms are definitely less than they used to be before LIS, so less pain after BM.
I hoped for better outcome after 2 weeks but I'm not complaining yet. Supposed to go to the doc one month after surgery.
Cut down to 2 colace from 3.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?