3 Months post op LIS Site Pain

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Postby chillblue » 23 Jul 2017, 18:39

Hi Guys,

So this week marks 3 months since i had LIS. Although it feels as though my incision site has healed, I am a bit concerned because if I apply, pressure to it, i feel pain. Ive also tried to have anal sex with my partner last night and it was very painful in that area. I bled a little bit and had to stop. I thought by this time i would be healed. This is very depressing as i thought LIS would fix my issue. Why is there still pain in the area??? Could it be I am still healing or is this how it will be from now on??? Before the surgery i was having a random throbbing pain in a different spot. That had stopped after i had the surgery, but that started up again a few days ago. This is very depressing because most people I have seen on the board are healed after 3 months, but of course i am still in pain. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: 3 Months post op LIS Site Pain

Postby ResMePlz » 27 Jul 2017, 19:45

I'm around 3 months post op and I have pain too. My incision never healed so the CRS wants to do another procedure where he cleans the wound out because it's granulated or something... it still bleeds, but compared to before, I'm way better. I can go about my day without too much discomfort and rarely think about it anymore. I went back to the gym and started lifting pretty heavy weights again. I was scared at first, but I haven't noticed any change in the fissure. All of my discomfort is from the incision. Exerting force, I get twinges and stings in the incision, but going to the bathroom is super smooth now, minus the blood, but after I clean up, there's not really pain, so I've just been living with it. I'm not sure how much the procedure he wants to do will hurt me, so I've been putting it off because I'm working full time and starting a new job at the same time. He said it'll be sore for a couple of days but I think that's kind of naive. Hope you feel better, recovery is not like I had hoped, but you have to think back to how it was before surgery. You'll be 100% sooner or later
ResMePlz
Salt Bather

Topics: 4