34 months...LIS, that's all folks

My LIS journey and diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: 34 months...LIS, that's all folks

Postby chachacha » 17 Sep 2017, 08:58

I didn't experience that, but my surgeon told me that anything new on the fissure front would heal quickly because of the LIS. You are still in such early days too though, so this may not even be a re-tear. Great that you're not in pain - keep up the great work!
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Kodette » 17 Sep 2017, 10:45

I have been following your diary and so grateful for the reports.I am having LIS this Tuesday and feeling less nervous b/c of your posts.
So sorry about the latest issue, but am glad to know at least there is no pain with the blood!!
Hoping this heals very soon and that the pain continues to be done with.

One thing that has helped me keep BM's much more easy and less painless the past 4 days has been the addition of eating frozen Raspberries every breakfast. 1 cup has about 9 grams of fiber. For me, the combo of eating many more veggies/fruits, smaller meals in general, minimal dairy, Miralax and 2 Colace have changed Bm's in last few days (almost thought of canceling surgery).
I find that taking Metamucil or other psyllium supplements was harmful and painful b/c of the bulking factor.
:thankyou:
Kodette
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 17 Sep 2017, 11:04

Great advice. I have been eating some bran buds - perhaps I will cut down.

FYI - I actually went to the loo for a second time (sorry if tmi) and is was quite loose and watery. NO pain!

Even with this experience I remain very pleased I did the lis. As you guys point out - with LIS, if this is a small tear I should heal up really fast - couldn't say the same 10 days ago.

I'm very pleased this diary is helpful -- I will keep it up.

Btw - in advance of my surgery I made two massive pots of chicken soup and veg. So glad I did that -- I froze a bunch. Instant meals for days which is helpful in the first few days for sure. Also - got some Gatorade type drink (made with coconut water) to help replenish sodium and potassium right after surgery.

All best - CB
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 17 Sep 2017, 11:12

One more quick note - my post bm routine.

Pat area gently with paper - then hop in shower and clean off. After shower take sitz with table salt (hospital recommended this) for approx 10 mins. Then air dry on bed. It's time consuming but so far has been good.

I will do this at least until my stitch falls out - sometime at the 2-3 week mark.
Canadabum

Postby Kodette » 17 Sep 2017, 11:17

CB, great advice w/post BM routine! I am planning to cook up some meals tomorrow- veg soup a definite.
Quick question, I am a teacher and plan to go back to work about 6 days post surgery. Realistic?
Kodette
Fibre Addict

Postby Canadabum » 17 Sep 2017, 11:26

I'd say realistic...I had the luxury of being able to work from home. The benefit is you can sit however you like - also I did sitz baths 3-4 through the day regardless if I had a bm.

Do you work a full day? If so you will be tired by the end for sure. Definitely don't do yard duty or other stuff for the first week back. Also - you will want to bring a soft pillow for you chair when you do sit. You will have a stitch probably. Finally - can you run home for lunch and hop in a sitz bath. I think that would help.

The first 3 days are the toughest. That said - you may want to try and arrange with the school to be on standby if you can't get back the following Monday - no point in messing with your recovery.
Canadabum

Postby missy moo » 17 Sep 2017, 23:18

Hi so I just left my appointment an since in a female an not sure I may have more kids in the future they don't recommend lis for me but instead suggested botox an cleaning up the fissure now I'm worried will this be a big waste of time I'm booked for in a week or so will find out in a few days but will this be a waste of time I've heard everyone on here say it's 50/50 my surgeon said maybe 60/50 please Lord let this be the end of my 4 years of pain an fear
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby chachacha » 18 Sep 2017, 06:55

Do you know if the surgeon is going to perform a fissurectomy? Is that what he means by "cleaning up" the fissure? If so, that is more than just having Botox, and perhaps that's why his estimation for success is higher?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby missy moo » 18 Sep 2017, 16:06

Hey yep cleaning up the fissure is a fissurectomy an the lady I saw did like one a year they do it as standard when they do botox they clean up the fissure she said 60/50% chance this will fix me should i see someone else who is more confident I don't like my odds
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Canadabum » 18 Sep 2017, 21:10

Day 11 -- so I was back at work today...no issues. I am fortunate that I live close to my work and was able to go home for a quick sitz mid-day. No blood, no pain...no problems...hoping that continues.
Canadabum