3rd day post op

no bm yet/pain

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3rd day post op

Postby sotiredofthis » 01 May 2014, 19:15

My surgeon called today and I found out besides LIS I also had a tag removal. That explains my pain now. Burning, stinging pain only at tag removal site. Now I know why my cousin was back to work in 5 days and I'm miserable. He only had LIS.

I still haven't had a bm. I'm taking mineral oil, 2 stool softeners, fiber and have taken 2 doses of mirilax. Nothing. I did take 2 pain killers and between that and the anesthesia I think it has constipated me. My surgeon told me to take some milk of magnesia. I'm so scared because I also have IBS and don't want diarrhea but something has to get things moving. I'm going to wait until morning because I don't want to be up all night in the bathroom! Anybody else have trouble going after surgery? What did you do? Is MOM going to make me miserable? My bum is already so sore the thought of diarrhea makes me want to cry.

Thanks for listening. :smilyhug:
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Re: 3rd day post op

Postby lanahaze39 » 02 May 2014, 08:35

This happened to me too after surgery, I am two weeks out now from LIS and skin tag removal. I think for me also it was the painkillers that did it. I took lots of colace and lots of Miralax. I had a very unpleasant day where I kept having "false alarms" about needing to go, until I finally managed to the 3rd night after surgery. I won't lie, it was er, extremely large, which resulted in some pain, but nothing totally unmanageable.

Also, you may feel an odd sort of deep aching in your butt after the bm, don't be alarmed! It happened to me and I freaked out, but I took a painkiller and felt better fairly quickly. I'm sorry you're going through this, it will get better though! Just focus on your water intake and listen to your doctor.
xx Lana
lanahaze39
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 May 2014, 09:36

Hi Lana! Looks like we're neighbors. I'm from that "other" state below you but please don't hold it against me! ;)

Thanks for answering and helping me! I finally went this morning, twice! The first one wasn't too bad and the second was very loose. I did get that ache but more than that was the stinging at the tag removal site. It wasn't terrible but not pleasant either.

Can I ask how you're managing the tag removal pain? It's really my biggest issue. I can't sit for more than 5 minutes and that's even on a pillow! How is it now 2 weeks out?

Thanks again!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby lanahaze39 » 02 May 2014, 11:17

Two weeks out, I feel almost 100%. Literally the only pain I have is if I wipe too hard on the skin tag site. Other than that, it's business as usual. I took my college finals 4 days after surgery, and I'm living a normal life again. Things will get better, don't worry! The first week is a bit rough, but it seems to improve quickly after that.

And yes, the burning is definitely unpleasant, but for me now, it's a momentary feeling of discomfort during a bm and it goes away almost immediately. What helped me when the pain was worse were very warm baths and lidocaine gel. I don't know if your doctor gave you any, but it helps quite a bit with the stinging sensation. And everyone's body is different, but for me personally, I found that light walking seemed to aid the healing process. Of course listen to your doctor's advice here, but if you feel up to it moving around may help you feel better. I always feel worse when I'm just laying in bed wallowing haha.

And don't go too crazy with the stool softeners! I did because of that monsterous first bm but it got waaaaay too loose for a day or so after. I seem to be back to normal now.
xx Lana
lanahaze39
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby sotiredofthis » 02 May 2014, 11:31

Thanks!!!
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby vdb324 » 03 May 2014, 09:11

Yeah, my tag removal was probably the most painful thing out my surgeries, which also included
Botox and LIS. I hope you feel better soon!
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52