4 weeks abscess wound healing

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

4 weeks abscess wound healing

Postby richibeno » 02 Nov 2012, 07:51

hi guys
been 4 weeks since my secong op ,i had a complication ,may be came from when i had polyp removal and botox for my fissure,had my first op on the 10 september ,then 3 weeks later had me in again because i had a peranal abscess near my anus ,which had started to burst i was in so much pain for a week before this ,but i never know if the pain was from the first op still,so now i had an abscess wound and a fistula ,i hope the now the fissure is getting better still ,but i have to have an op in dec to sort out this fistula ,hope it is simple and low ,a fistulotomy hope he can deroof it ok,i hope the abscess wound continues to heal well there is still a little drainage from it ,been off work since the first op now and am going back tonight
wish me luck ,getting nevous now
Last edited by richibeno on 02 Nov 2012, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: 4 weeks abscess wound healing

Postby jr2 » 02 Nov 2012, 10:17

richibeno,
wishing you the best of luck in returning to work. I hope you are able to be as comfortable as possible. Ghod luck! We're all wishing you well!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby ZeeZee » 02 Nov 2012, 14:53

Rich! Hey man! Good luck in going back to work!
Woohoo!
Driving and going back to work!
You're certainly getting back to normal!
Way to go bro!
Made my day!
Woooohooo!
Let me knw how it goes!
ZeeZee
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby richibeno » 02 Nov 2012, 15:51

Hey zee
Good to here from ya .at work now on night shift .not to bad at mo little sore.getting tired now though .how are you
richibeno
VIP

Postby Diamond » 03 Nov 2012, 11:08

Richibeno - I found the thread :) Hope work wasn't too bad!
For everyone else out there - it's been 2 weeks and 3 days since my surgery. I had 2 fistulotomies done, and one seton placed. I'm not sure what the plan is for the seton - I have an appt with my surgeon tomorrow and hope to have further clarification then.
I started working from home (desk job) this past Monday (11 days post surgery). My wounds appear to be healing, one of them is down to only 3mm deep which I'm very surprised about! It was over 1cm coming out of surgery. the other one is now 2cm deep, it was initially 3.5cm. I have a wound nurse coming every day to change the packing. She is packing with betadine (iodine solution) now and I do believe this has helped the healing. She was initially using a saline solution. I was taking strong narcotic pain meds prior to each packing change, but I have now weaned myself off them. The packing changes are still slightly painful, but just momentarily. I've also been advised to take vitamin c and zinc supplements so I'll be picking those up today.
If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask :) This site has been so informative for me and everyone's been so supportive - I would love to return the favour! If anyone is wondering whether it's worth going through the surgery, I totally recommend it - do it ASAP before your fistula forms additional tracts (mine did).
Happy healing everyone!
Diamond
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby richibeno » 13 Nov 2012, 13:23

Well nearly 6 weeks now nurses say it healing well
Been sore for a couple of days get a zing now and then and to the left of the anus feels sore plus the Seton nurse said I have some granulation going on 'feels a bit itchy too
richibeno
VIP

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?