Surgical wound healing

How long does it typically take?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Surgical wound healing

Postby tightbutt5678 » 09 Jul 2019, 22:20

Hey all!

I am wondering how long it should usually take for surgical wounds to heal? I wish I could just not poop for 3 weeks and let everything close nicely but I love food way too much.

I have 3 wounds:
- the fissure
- the incision site from LIS
- the skin tag removal site

The skin tag removal site is actually quite a big, open wound and is the main thing I can see when looking with a torch. The LIS incision wound is actually hard to see but there is a bruise. The fissure I think is right next to the tag removal site but the main thing I see is the large wound from the tag.

I am on day 8 post-op and feeling excellent. It's now my 4th day in a row with zero pain which is kind of nuts given the massive tag wound but I'm not complaining!! I do 3 sitz baths a day, light exercise, BMs are nice and easy.

What else should I do to help this healing and how long should I expect it to take?
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Surgical wound healing

Postby JulsPain » 10 Jul 2019, 13:03

Hello,

This doesn’t necessarily answer your question but I’m wondering how much pain you have regarding sitting for prolonged periods of time? I have my surgery scheduled for next week and will be doing it in my hometown so I can crash at my parents house while I’m recovering, but I actually live and work a 2 hour car ride away.

I’d like to go back to work sooner than later, so how much discomfort would you say you have when sitting? I’m having LIS and 1 tag removed.
JulsPain
Salt Bather

Re: Surgical wound healing

Postby tightbutt5678 » 10 Jul 2019, 19:48

Hey JulsPain,

I haven't had any pain or discomfort from sitting since surgery. I guess I totally avoided sitting the first 3 days just because I didn't want to put any pressure on the area. I'm now on day 9 post op and I have been sitting like a normal person more frequently but I'm not sitting for 8 hours a day. I don't know how I'd be at a desk job, but probably ok I imagine! Maybe give yourself 2 weeks before going back to work to be on the safe side? Also ask your doc. Sitting for long periods may not cause pain but perhaps it will slow healing due to reduced blood flow...?
- February 2019 : Fissure
- Tried all of the creams, perfecting the diet, self dilation
- Reduced symptoms significantly but still not healed
- July 2019 : LIS with tag removal
tightbutt5678
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?