surgical advice for chronic fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

surgical advice for chronic fissure

Postby Rosher » 24 Feb 2017, 18:02

Hi guys,
I am have a chronic fissure that bleeds fevers and sepsis from it, a loop illieostomy and mucus plugs to try to pass.
To cut a massive story short, ive got a temp loop illieostomy, 2 vy flaps and still a chronic fissure, as you still have to pass mucus and mucus plugs from remaning colon.
The 1st vy flap faild, and i have such a deep fissure from it that i get bleeding fevers and sepsis!!
These fevers and sepsis are very bad and i require hospitalisation often.
I have started to do my own colonic irrigation in and out of a tube to remove any mucus before i hardens and forms mucus plugs.
But im suffering and struggling to pull out the larger mucus plugs as they build up everywhere in the colon before i can get them out.
I am getting LIS in a month which should help a little bit in using a tube to get mucus in and out, i may even become incontinent from it but itll make 1 aspect of my struggles easier.
How ever I really need to get this fissure cut out quaterised or something. But my CRS says he wont do any more advancement flaps. And wont do a fissureectomy or at least yet...
Does anyone know what can be done, Dilatation just splits the chronic fissure.
And i cant normally pass mucus plugs.
This issue is over 5 years old now. I was considering an end colostomy and full rectum removal but they wont do that.
: (
Geeze its a hard time having to flush this mucus almost every day now, every 4-5 days is to long and mucus hardens, till i cant pass anything out.
I also cant sit at all, or lie with my leg down on the bed as any pressure on bum rectum splits fissure more.
Any advice or help is appreciated, and i am looking at anyone who has had chronic fissure that had resolved by fissureectomy or another means.
Thank you so much
Roger
Australia
35 years old.
Rosher
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: surgical advice for chronic fissure

Postby missy moo » 28 Jun 2018, 05:16

Hey are you in Australia? I'm in NZ with a chronic fissure I've have Botox in it 4 months ago but the fissure still bleeds, how was your lis? Are you healed now?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion