5 Weeks Post LIS....Did it work???

worried...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 Weeks Post LIS....Did it work???

Postby chillblue » 01 Jun 2017, 21:54

Hi Boardies,

I am a month and a week post LIS, and I am feeling very discouraged about my progress thus far. I can tell the incision is healing because I can stick my finger up there and there is minimal pain. I do feel scar tissue which concerns me because I know it is not as pliable as regular tissue. The surgical incision seems to be in the same spot as the place I would tear every time i had a bowel movement or tried anal sex. The size of the bowel movement dictates the pain. The larger in diameter the more pain, and small amounts of blood on the toilet paper. I just want to know if this is normal at this point? Why do I still feel as tight as I did before the surgery?? Will it loosen more as time goes by?? Most of the posts Ive read have said things felt more loosened not too long after surgery was done. Just as a test I tried to use a dilator I was given before surgery. Before the surgery i was able to get it in just fine. Now its not as easy, not to mention slightly painful at the incision site. But i read that its good to dilate the area some while it is healing. Should I be worried? Or am i just worrying too much??? Im really worried that things feel as tight as they were before surgery.
HELP!!!! :(
chillblue
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: 5 Weeks Post LIS....Did it work???

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 06:03

I felt a LOT tighter after surgery than before, think it lasted about 6/8 weeks and probably another2/3 before I was back to how I was before. I think some people are just more sensitive in that area and tend to swell up internally more than others. I have other issues that didn't help like crohns n hems but I'm 6 months post LIS and as long as my crohns behaves then I'm pain free now
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby chillblue » 02 Jun 2017, 08:44

Thanks MPB. I will give it another 3 weeks and see where I am. Its a constant source of worry for me. Im in school and I work fulltime and its hard to focus on those things and give them my full attention. I just want to be normal again.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 10:34

Must be hard to have to sit down so often for long periods, that might be why it's taking a bit longer....I sit at my job and my CRS said it increases the pressure and stops the swelling from going down.
It does get better though
Mypoorbutt

Postby chillblue » 02 Jun 2017, 13:41

Yea I sit most of the day. Really?? It increases pressure??? Funny thing I dont feel any swelling, well nothing obvious. I can stick my finger up there, the but the area where the incision is feels weird and raw when i do.
chillblue
Salt Bather

Postby Mypoorbutt » 02 Jun 2017, 15:27

Yes he likened it to constantly pressing on a bruised part of your body...it would hurt and aggravate the area and slow down healing. I couldn't feel any swelling really either but it was sore when I put my cream up. He said the swelling could all be internal. If your worried about the incision you might be best to get it checked out though
Mypoorbutt