6 days after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 6 days after LIS

Postby Hopeful » 28 Mar 2013, 08:50

I personally don't think walking could be bad, I think it would create more blood flow in body and help fissure to heal. I would hold on to biking if I was you, It might stretch the area more and could slow down recovery process. I m not doing any strenuous physical exercise, I have already lost 8 lbs. I still can't sit straight and not able to drive. How are u guys managing to drive? R u keeping pillow underneath? Even if I sit on soft pillow it would last only for few min, it doesn't hurt too much but I get this weird uncomfortable feeling and fear. I have been keeping same diet for last two months and kind of tired of it. I eat lots of fruits, vegetables, metamucil twice a day and stool softner once a day. I m vegetarian so fruits and veggies are part of my regular diet but one thing I miss is eating nuts. I m wondering has e
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Hopeful » 28 Mar 2013, 08:52

cont...Anyone try eating dried nuts and if it affects BM? I m still off from work since I cannot sit. I'm kind of tired of staying home and not able to drive.. Can't wait for that day I can start my normal life ..
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Postby octobahn » 28 Mar 2013, 09:33

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow where my main concern would be to address the bleeding that has been occurring, but I'll try to remind myself to ask about nuts in the diet. I've actually had a handful of nuts a few times post-op. I didn't see any issues with my BMs but eating too much in the past has given me constipation so I'm keeping them to a minimum. And as far as driving, I couldn't really sit up the first 2 days, but by the third day I was able to without much discomfort. I was sort of shocked myself. The "uncomfortable feeling" you get, is it sharp pain or more a pressure from within? I get the latter and it feels like I have to go for a BM. That feeling subsided about 5 days post-op but now it's back with the bleeding episodes I've been experiencing.
octobahn
Fibre Addict

Postby octobahn » 29 Mar 2013, 13:53

So I went to see my doctor today. He looks through his notes and says, and I'm going to not explain this correct as I didn't fully understand him, he had to cut and suture some muscles, and that the bleeding was probably because the stitches had dissolved and the wound had opened. Because he asked, I told him the blood flow appears to have reduced a bit, which he confirms is a good sign. By the end of the visit, he told he wasn't going to plan and follow up visit, but if I don't think things are healing quite right then make an appointment to see him. That last part, I'm happy he doesn't believe I will have any complications but on the other hand who am I to judge if things are healing properly or not? Anyway, I'm going to take it as a positive and see how the next week goes. You all have a good weekend.
octobahn
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopeful » 29 Mar 2013, 14:16

I m glad there wasn't any sign of complications. Is your wound bothering you? My wound is open and never got suture so I don't know what kind of pain u r having. Mine is not sharp for sure prob feel pressure when I try to sit on it. Well, since he didn't suggest any follow up seems like u will be better pretty soon my friend. I m happy for you. I have follow up next Friday and I m hoping to start work after that. Hopefully one day!! Thanks for the update!
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Postby octobahn » 29 Mar 2013, 19:17

Hopeful...
Fortunately the wound is not bothering me. This suture my doctor talked about might have been internal, I really am not sure. Nothing I've read indicated these types of procedures ever have stitches as they require the wound to close from the inside out. As you can tell, I'm still a little confused about what truly happened.
Please keep me posted. I hope the follow up goes well and you're up and about very soon, even if it is to go back to work. haha.
octobahn
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopeful » 31 Mar 2013, 08:30

So yesterday I decided to eat little different than my usual soft baby food. I had very tiny veggie pizza slice, a piece of browni and ice cream. Today morning I can see my poop was hard.. :( it didn't hurt but I can feel something different down there. I hope I didn't ruin for my self..
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 01 Apr 2013, 16:10

Hopeful, is going to take some time to get things back to normal or almost the way they were before your fissure and surgery.
I imagine that after a fissure we never will be the same but at least we can try to get things as close as posible to normal.
Once you are healed just try to see if you can go back to the way your were before surgery, (but still taking care of what you eat), I have healed naturally and I can say that I am as normal as I used to be before the fissure, but still taking care of my bum as much as I can to avoid a retear.
Things will be ok for you once you get your normal routine, your body will get use to the new feeling down there.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Hopeful » 01 Apr 2013, 19:46

Hi there, thanks for encouragement. I m just kind of tired of staying home and not able to drive or work. I m still not able to sit long period of time. I m trying to sit little bit at time, I hope I m not messing it up by sitting on my bum. I went for 30 min walk today and I felt something sharp down there just for instance. I don't know what could it be. I hope It's not a tear but scab on my open wound.. Did anyone have that feeling after LIS?
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Postby marg6043 » 02 Apr 2013, 06:14

Hopeful, if you can go out and walk for 30 minutes after LIS so soon you are doing better than most people.
A sharp pain is just a warning to slow down.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8