99.9% healed!

It's finally (hopefully) over

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

99.9% healed!

Postby Alejoboogie » 05 Nov 2015, 12:45

I just thought it was only right to come back here after my fissure was healed to let everyone know. Not to gloat or rub it in anyone's face, but to let you know there is hope. I had been suffering since the end of July and just now in November feel like this darn fissure is healed. The funny thing though? I'm pretty sure it was just an acute fissure but I turned it into a chronic one by not treating it right. I've had a couple in the past and they usually went away in about a month, usually less. So you can see why this one frustrated me so. But here's why I think it went on so long:

The previous ones I had the doctor prescribed me ibuprofen and hydrocortisone cream. And they eventually fixed me up after a few weeks. This time around I was immediately referred to a surgeon for consultation, which she prescribed me a numbing cream and nitroglycerin ointment. Now not that it doesn't work (I've heard good things) but I just think it was too extreme for my case. So I used it for a little but stopped. Then I was trying everything I could find on the internet about treating fissures: Coconut oil, aloe vera, sitz baths, magnesium, passion flower, stool softeners, vaseline, fiber supplements, yoga, probiotics, vitamin c supplements, etc...All of which I'm sure helped my body in the long run but wasn't giving me relief now...which we all want haha.

Then I remembered what I did in the past to get rid of these: Use coconut oil before going to the bathroom, take a sitz bath with epsom salt, and take an ibuprofen, and the new thing I added was taking miralax just in case. That's it. So I started doing that again and wouldn't you know it? Almost no pain immediately after starting this. After about a week and a half of this routine? No pain before during or after going to the bathroom! It's been about a week since I took an ibuprofen, I still use miralax just in case along with coconut oil. But no pain whatsoever! I've even got back into my normal workout routine :D I feel like myself again! I even had a not so soft BM last night and was afraid to look, anticipating blood....but nope, no blood no pain :)

So sorry this is so long but I really just wanted to share my experience with you all and let you know everything is gonna be alright. I truly thought "well this is my life now...better get used to it". Oh how I was wrong. Hang in there everyone, it'll be over soon I'm sure :)
Alejoboogie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: 99.9% healed!

Postby Shania213 » 05 Nov 2015, 15:02

Glad to hear you are better-Did you ever get tightness in the anal canal or at the end of it?
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: 99.9% healed!

Postby Alejoboogie » 05 Nov 2015, 18:49

I actually did get some tightness, and at the end I think that's what was giving be pain. It would only hurt slightly when i went to the bathroom. But afterwards i would have some spasms if i didn't take ibuprofen. But then one morning I had a kinda larger than usual stool (not hard but just big) and was afraid it was gonna start everything all over again. But to my surprise there was no blood and the only pain I had was some slight annoying stinging throughout the day, not even enough to make me feel the need to do something about it. After that is when my pain free days started. I don't know exactly why but my theory is that the large stool did an inadvertent dilation on my anus. The kinda thing people do to relieve tightness and spasms. That's just my guess but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Alejoboogie
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6