A big thanks to everyone specially Lecia

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

A big thanks to everyone specially Lecia

Postby Guest » 19 Nov 2007, 23:27

Hi,
I had a horrible AF since November of 2006. I discovered this board in May or June of 2007 and posted for the first time in july of 2007.
I think I'm pretty much healed now, but feel that my butt will never be like before. It's hard to explain, but I have a tiny bit of pain during BM and that is it.. No more pain really again until the next BM. This is as good as I've gotten in a year.
What I think didn't help me was: :no:
The probing the the docs
The but mints I was told to insert to reduce the pain
What I think helped were: Image
All of the great advice here
Fiber, and more fiber and more fiber accompanying lots of water
A good diet all around, vegies, fruit, water, fish, and very little red meat.
Wheat Grass juice regularly from a juice place
Basically eating anything that had high fiber content: Oranges, whole wheat breads, high fiber tortillas, beans, almonds, etc...
Some guy suggested moisturizing my butt hole with the stuff that ladies use to reduce strech marks when pregnant: Palmers and that did help I believe...
Lots of Patience.. I wanted to die. I wanted to put an end to this... I wanted to have the surgery... I saw no end to this ........But low and behold one year later, I feel so much better and that has been the case for well over a month now.. Image
Baths, and great hygene down there.. I showered after each and every BM. I got my body trained to go once a day, and in the morning only before my day started.. I still follow this proccess to this day... Up at 5 am, coffee, paper, poo, and a big bowl of high fiber cereal.. Where it was tough was when I had to go on business trips or be somewhere early in the morning for work.. I sometimes got up at 3 am to ge the BM out of the way, and get cleaned and showered and then go........
But I must tell you, the support from this board was amazing and priceless. I want to thank everyone who gave me advice. Specially Lecia. I hope all of you heal soon, as I know what you are going through.. The pain is like none other... It changed my life and perhaps for good. I will pray for you all and anyone else in the world who deals with this daily...
God bless you all Image
Fissurerama[font=][/font]

Re: A big thanks to everyone specially Lecia

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2007, 08:18

Hi Fissurerama,

I am so happy for you! Image Simply overjoyed and so grateful that you would come back and take the time to tell us how you are doing. So often, people get better and we never hear back, but by you doing so, you are showing the other sufferers that you CAN get better and have given them hope. And that is what we all need in times of pain.

Many blessings to you and thank you again for posting! It does us all good here.

Lecia

:thanksgiving:

Re: A big thanks to everyone specially Lecia

Postby Guest » 20 Nov 2007, 10:20

It's great to hear some positive news :D
Well done you for taking the advice and healing yourself. Long may it continue, and long may this board continue :cheer: