A few more high fiber foods

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

A few more high fiber foods

Postby small_flower » 13 Jan 2007, 10:08

Hello again!
I am always on the look out for really high fiber foods that I can eat in a jiffy. I am a full time student, and I start student teaching at the end of this month, but I need to keep my diet in check! So I have found a few things that I really like.
Fiber one cereal--not the flakes, but the little crunchies (they kind of look like macaroni elbows, except they arent hollow and they are smaller and made of grain Image ) I take one serving size of this, (a quarter cup?) and I mix it with stoneybrook farms yogurt. Thats 9 grams of fiber right there! Its a good and quick breakfast option.
Big Y multi grain bagels--what can I say? 13 grams of fiber in 1 bagel! Image
Metamucil cookies--they dont taste bad, and one serving is 6 grams of fiber. I usually eat them before I go to bed. They usually help in the morning with the first BM.
Pears--soft, yummy, sweet, mushy pears. Very yummy, and a good thing to take if you need to get out of the door fast!
Whole wheat penne--one serving is 5 grams of fiber. Topped with 2 tbl spoons of sauce, thats about 7 grams in one meal.
miltons whole wheat breads--The only place I can find these are at a grocery story chain called Trader Joes. But, there is 5 grams of fiber in one slice, so one sandwich can pack ten grams of fiber! Thats 1/3 of your fiber in one sitting! Miltons also has another brand of bread with 6 grams in each slice.
I cant think of anything else right now, but if I do, then I will let you know!
xo
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: A few more high fiber foods

Postby happyass » 13 Jan 2007, 11:34

oh i love your little kitty!!!! black kitties are the best!!!!
well, i never thought i would say this, but i love prunes. in cereal, on their own, and now i am going to experiement with them in cooking too.
i love all bran bran buds. with just 1 cup, you get 39 g of fiber. so that's my breakfast in the morning.
weetabix......love those.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 13 Jan 2007, 15:52

happyass wrote:well, i never thought i would say this, but i love prunes. in cereal, on their own

:lol!: I still can not stomach prunes, omg they are awful!!! Wish i had your tastebuds!!
Thanks for your tips Kate,
Im totally a good fan of pears too - the softness is what is good for me!
I love weetbix aswell Gareth - YUM YUM!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby small_flower » 16 Jan 2007, 22:50

I just looked up weetbix, I am not sure I have ever seen it in a grocery store....they look like small hunks of granite....but thats besides the point....how do they taste?
I've found a good option for younger kids and fiber is spaghettios. The ones with meatballs have 3-4 grams of fiber per serving. I always eat one whole can, so thats 6-8 for me. Yum!
Also, for those of us who dont get enough veggies in our diets, I was introduced to this stuff, that they apparently sell at Cosco, called green goodness.
Now, im going to be blunt, the stuff looks like pond sludge....but it tastes great!!! I think the green color comes from the kiwi that they put in it. But it has all kinds of fruits and vegetables in it, and it really does taste good. I need to go out and get some more. I never eat vegetables. (bad kate!)
bed time :sleep:
kate
p.s. my cat thinks shes going to steal my bed, but shes got another thing coming Image
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby happyass » 17 Jan 2007, 07:06

kate, your kitty is sooooo adorable......i love that picture!!!!
weetabix look like S.o.S. pads but you can crumble them into your cereal or other things you like to eat.....and once you add your soy milk or oatmeal....the weetabix gets soft and yummy......
i like mixing it in my cereal or oatmeal and just having it as a snack with some peanut butter on it.
a big box costs under $4.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Cheryl » 17 Jan 2007, 16:28

http://weetbix.com.au/weetbixfamily/weetbix-original.aspx
Hi Kate... this is what weetbix look like, check out the link.. YUMMO, i love them, i have two for breakky every morning, i put sugar on top :shock: I know thats terrible, but tasty!!
Your cat is adorable Kate, that is a great pic too!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2007, 19:36

ha ha ha//
:lol!: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:
ill stick to my fiber tabs!///
did the prun juice thing a while back..had to hold my breath..
..............ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..a spoon full of suger helps the medicine go down....la la ala ala lalalaa

Postby cherylk » 24 Feb 2011, 13:00

cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46