Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Advancement flap, aka Analplasty, complete

Postby ryanman0 » 05 Feb 2013, 11:50

Hi Anya, Hope you are doing well!
ryanman0
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 1

Postby Anya324 » 12 Feb 2013, 13:59

So..... Having a setback :( going to see the new dr tomorrow (hoping that my former doc can make it there!) at 1:15est tomorrow. Part of the donor-site has pulled open. I think I may have scratched it open in my sleep. It itches so bad sometimes it makes be wiggle! Lol!! I don't recall a time during the day where I felt it rip so it had to have been in my sleep. It started buggin me wed or Thursday so my hubby investigated and saw the hole. It's gotten bigger over the past few days so I asked my former cars what to do and he said make an appointment with the new doc and he'd do his best to be there. I'll post soon with an update. I also will be enquiring on the following: discharge-amt and freq, smell-it's really stinky down there!, Sitz baths, pain in/around graft site. Ttys!!!!!
Anya324
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby cherylk » 12 Feb 2013, 17:30

Anya,
I read that you had surgery? Hope you heal well. We're down here in FMB enjoying the warm weather. Take care!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Anya324 » 19 Feb 2013, 22:43

My advancement flap is healing nicely but the problem area I mentioned last week is becoming larger. Thinking of trying to get in to see a general surgeon in my area so I don't have to drive 90mins to see a the new CRS-I went last week and he was less than gentle. I didn't expect to like him so no big let down I guess. Was hopeful tho... I plan on letting my original CRS know tomorrow and see what he wants me to do.
To elaborate on the issue: there is a donor site and then the graft site that are all connected. The area where the skin was taken from (donor) is where I'm bleeding. I was pretty much healed there and then all of the sudden the skin began opening up there and now I have an area that is raw and weeping. The Dr's recommend I keep it open (let air get i t it) and let it heal but this is nearly impossible for 3 reasons: 1) my cheeks touch where the wound is so its skin on skin, no air allowed Image 2) skin on skin means constant fri tion on a raw open wound---OUCH!! and 3) I am still draining from the inside so I have to keep a pad between my cheeks and if I leave the wound open it sticks to the pad and then I peel off the top layer every time I change the pad out. I tried to explain this to them but it seemed to fall on deaf ears... Sigh... So I am keeping a bandaid with Bacitracin on it at all times. And while it barely hurts, it's getting larger instead of smaller.... So, what gives?!?
MERF -___-
Prayers appreciated :)
Anya324
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 19 Feb 2013, 23:23

Hi, sorry to hear you're having a problem, hope you're not in too much pain. It always sucks when you have a doctor you don't like but hopefully you'll find one who's gentle and understanding. I've learned to stand up for myself where doctors are concerned and I've not only told some I would no longer be their patient but I also told them why. I can't tell you how good it makes you feel to tell a doctor he has the bedside manner of a wet mop and then walk out. I was scared the first time I got up the nerve to do it but now I have no problem. Have you tried coconut oil on the open wound? It has some antibacterial and healing properties and it's all natural. Hope you heal soon and get your life back so you can enjoy your kids. All the best Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Anya324 » 21 Feb 2013, 15:55

No, it doesn't hurt any longer, just twinges of discomfort. Using coconut oil now! Thanks Suzy! Decided not to contact Dr yet. Wanna wait and see how things progress they the weekend.
Anya324
Salt Bather