advice on surgery

Chronic fisure need advice on surgery option

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: advice on surgery

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Dec 2016, 16:31

Hi Becka,
Great to hear the Botox kicked in and sorry to hear you have had a retear but I'm sure with the Botox it will heal up quickly. Hopefully it's only a small retear.
It's hard not to feel low with fissures as they are totally out of our control...we live our lives doing what we feel will be best for the blooming things and then for no reason they play up. Don't give up hope though....if you read HTDs diary on Botox she retore a few times yet still managed to be 90% healed after 10ish weeks from her Botox so all is not lost.
Did you eat something different that May have aggravated your fissure perhaps...although to be honest I'm working very hard on just going once as even going twice seems to be more than my sphincter and my fissure can cope with.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 12 Dec 2016, 17:19

Hi, thanks for your reply, I am hoping it will heal up quicker this time with the botox its just so frustrating when it re-tears over just going to the toilet twice especially when it was a good bowel movement! im wondering if he skin down there is so weak it just cant take more than one bowel movement?? have you had botox or anything for your fissure? I am considering asking for the LIS now as I just want this to end I suffer with bad anxiety and the fissure has made it so much worse x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Mypoorbutt » 12 Dec 2016, 17:48

Going more than once at least doubles my pain...I have had Botox in June and LIS 5 weeks ago tomorrow. I have had this now for 18 months and I can totally relate to wanting it to end as no one should have to deals with this day after day without any let up. See what happens with your Botox mine was great and gave me weeks of no pain just discomfort so you never know your retear may just be a little bump on your road to recovery
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Becka456 » 12 Dec 2016, 18:03

Are you glad you had the LIS? Has it helped since having it? The problem is I have always had the problem with it re-tearing sometimes for no particular reason and then sometime's just my ibs playing up. Even with the laxatives and amount of water I drink I always have a problem with straining and not being able to Finnish especially around time of the month, the Botox has helped with that which is good but I'm worried about when the Botox is over..
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 13 Dec 2016, 13:41

Hi becka great to hear from you! So much has happened since sep! So the bottox did not really work for me and I was in so much pain the doctors wrote to the hospital and they got me in for a fissurectomy I had that done on the 10th Oct but from that I got an infection and the op did not heal right and now I have a fistula which is more painful then the tear!!! I had to have another op done in January!! But I did find out even through I did not think the bottox was working they did say I was a little healed! But the reason I did not heal all those years was because I had a large skin tag up inside getting in the way!!!! So I so needed the op but on the down side got a fistula :( and they need to go through by tear to get to it in my next op as it's in the same area so the last 9 weeks are for nothing after my op I did retear again in two different places but after 3 weeks they got better x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Katie » 13 Dec 2016, 13:44

I can't wait to get this stage out of my life as yes it does make you feel very low and it makes you think why me!!!! X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 13 Dec 2016, 14:05

Oh Katie I'm so sorry to hear that you have gone all through that it sounds awful and I feel so sorry for you having to go through all that and still to be in pain at the end of it! I was lucky when I got my abcsss last year that they caught it early as it nearly went into a fistula and that was painful enough. What op are you having to have done next? I'm considering asking to have the LIS now as I've had enough and I hear that is meant to be really good?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 13 Dec 2016, 14:13

She thinks she will do the op were you are cut and it's layed open to heal but I'm having an MRI on the 29th Dec so she will know more then she sees what it looks like! It's like living in a nightmare! And they will not give me painkillers cos they can make you constipated I am on movicol 2 a day to keep soft but they make me go 2 times a day! So I'm thinking I might cut it down to one and a half but don't want my toliet to get hard but I have gone from 3 drinks a day to 10 so that helps I was nevery good a drinking which is not great what do u take to make u soft? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Becka456 » 13 Dec 2016, 14:21

I have had that done twice that procedure and my fissure still won't heal I just don't get why it's so frustrating! I take molaxole I take 1 and a half cups in the evening if I take more I end up going twice a day too and I just can't handle that it seems to tear if I go twice! A glass of prune juice I also down before bed when it's time of the month as my system seems to slow down then too, flaxseed oil has helped a bit in the past but I find if I take too much of everything together it upsets me and making it too soft hurts just as much, my problem is straining unfortunately doesn't matter how soft I keep it I still have to strain even if it's slightly but I think that could be just my ibs
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 13 Dec 2016, 14:35

Yes think I will try one and a half I just hope my fistula is not to near my muscle as they I would have to gave the thread put in and I have heard it takes multiple op :( x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here