Aloe and Vitamin E

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Aloe and Vitamin E

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 17:04

I saw this mentioned already, but I wanted to get more information on these two items.
Almost all of the aloe lotions I've seen have a lot of other stuff in them. I think Lecia mentioned she gets it right from the plant or from 100% aloe capsules at a health food store. Does anyone have more information on this?
As far as the vitamin E cream goes, what brands are helpful? I'm concerned that some of the brands on the market might have too much other substances in them. Any information on brands or ingredients would be most appreciated.
I apologize for all the questions as of late. I'm trying to get my routine down so that I can start to function again as a normal member of society again.
Thanks for any help! :)

Re: Aloe and Vitamin E

Postby buttgirl » 25 Jun 2007, 17:30

I use a vitamin E oil. The ingredients are vitamin E and Safflower oil. I get the generic version from my local drug store (Rite Aid), and apply it with a syringe I got with my Proctofoam (a roid treatment).

I found Aloe to sting, even in its purest form, so I don't use it.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 25 Jun 2007, 18:24

I use Palmer's Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E around the anal area after I wash and blow dry. Just to keep that area from getting dried out.
I bought some Aloe juice to...It's called Lily of the Desert. It's certified organic. And it contains 99.7% certified organic aloe juice. It has no additives. I found it in a health food store with all the vitamin supplements and whatnot. I have not tried it yet though...I'm planning to either drink it or dump some in my sitz bath.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2007, 18:53

I use orally and topically the aloe vera capsules. I cut one open and use the gel and I take 1-2 a day.
It would be good to use the gel from the plant but I am not very good with houseplants.

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2007, 12:56

I purchased 100% organic liquid Aloe Vera from my local health food store last night. I mixed a cap full in with some juice and drank it just before bedtime. OMG, this morning was a mess. Maybe I took to much. Image
I have never tried the capsules, but the liquid will MOVE you.

Postby fissure101 » 26 Jun 2007, 23:53

i use a little bit of aquaphor around the anus just so that the area is not too dry. i guess if it is too dry it is more prone to cuts - just like chapped lips.
not sure if the aquaphor helps or not but it does not do any harm I think.
fissure101
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Jun 2007, 15:08

I have a question guys & gals,
I don't know exactly where my fissure is so I just apply 99.99% aloe vera (in the juice form - it's as liquid as water) to my skin tags and general anus area. Do you think this would be okay? I'm guessing my fissure is obviously inside the anus (sometimes I think I have two because I get pain on both sides of my anus when I have a hard BM). So if it's INSIDE, would it even help to put aloe vera on the outside?
The problem is,I can't get aloe vera juice inside my anus because it's pure liquid and it'd be painful to even try that. Any ideas?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 15:20

SSH,
You mention that you feel like you have an AF on both sides. When you say this, do you mean on the left and right side or top and bottom?
I ask this because AF's on the right or left side may have an underlying medical condition as AFs in these positions are not typical. Where did your CRS say these were?

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Jun 2007, 15:38

I think on the left and right, Chris. I'm not sure what you mean by top or bottom but my pain is sort of on both sides of the anus (left & right), although usually I only feel one of them. The only time I've felt both is when I've had a really bad, hard, tearing BM (like the one I had a few days ago)...
My regular doctor just mentioned "oh you have a fissure", and my CRS mentioned the same thing. Neither mentioned having more than one, and at that point I didn't think about it or realize that the pain is on both sides. My CRS did a pretty thorough bum search though (ouch) and he didn't mention that anything looked unusual. I would have expected that though, because I've recently noticed my two skin tags (that can't be normal??) - I'm wondering if maybe I have a fissure and a hemmoroid or something.
It's confusing. I'm going to book another appt. and see.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 28 Jun 2007, 15:47

I use the aloe vera that comes in the capsule. It feels like a gel so it is easier to apply than the liquid. I just cut open a capsule and use it that way.