Aloe Vera

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Aloe Vera

Postby Guest » 27 Apr 2007, 15:44

Thanks for the link-I took a look at it and it seems pretty anecdotal to me. I am not saying it doesn't work but for the majority of us sufferers nuts can cause damage. I guess it depends on where the pecans end up in the stool. If it is on the outside where it presses against your anal canal as it comes out it could really hurt!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Apr 2007, 15:59

I agree with Lecia, 100%. Too anecdotal; be careful of many of the "cures" on that site! But that website can give you a very good insight into many of the things that *do* work. I still think all AF sufferers should wade through it.
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 27 Apr 2007, 19:26

Sigh, okay. I will look out for that. And Lecia, the correct dose for the aloe vera juice is actually 60ml-120 ml, I just checked :)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby SunshineHope » 15 May 2007, 02:51

I just wanted to post here again and say, there's something about Aloe Vera juice that makes me feel really good. Not only does it make my skin glow (hehe) but it just feels so good to drink. I've read research on how it's supposedly effective as a laxative, although I haven't noticed anything particularly impressive in that light. Regardless, it seems to be helping me with healing the fissure, or thats how it seems / feels at least. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking it twice a day, but I only drink it once. Does anyone know if twice is ok?
I also stopped all nuts, I think it's better that way. It's hard b/c I love them but I am starting to get serious about healing this fissure and don't want to mess it up! I used to love chips as well so it's been hard to quit that, but it can only be good! I ate some rice cake snacks today and I didn't notice much additional pain in my BM (yay at least some 'junk' / flavour in my life), I wonder if that could cause any problems though.
take care all:)
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 15 May 2007, 05:48

I doubt the rice cakes could hurt, nor an extra swig of the Aloe Vera juice. It's good to let go of the chips until your healed.
Aloe is a wonderhul herb and I think you'll gain many benefits form using it!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 18 May 2007, 05:26

i love aloe vera, especially when i am sunburned!!!!!
hi sunshine!
i am happy that the aloe vera is making you feel good.
i wonder if you have a food processor - you can still possibly have your nuts as long as you can get them creamy. like peanut butter creamy. so as long as the nuts are all crushed and you have a butter like consistency, you don't have to give up your nuts. just the form that you eat them has to change.
i made a pecan crusted salmon the other night and i fell in love with the pecan mixture: pecans, corriander, sea salt, black pepper, a dash of cayenne pepper, 2 garlic cloves, all finely mixed to a paste in the food processor and then coated on to the salmon for a quick sautee.
it was delicious!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 22 May 2007, 01:22

thats a great idea =) . I should definitely try it. I'm just trying to do whatever I can to promote healing
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

I am drinking 8 oz of pure Aloe a day.

Postby Guest » 25 May 2007, 09:21

Hi~
I bought a big bottle of pure aloe juice from Wal-Mart. It isn't the best tasting stuff... but I started it a few days ago and drink 8 oz a day. It isn't causing diarrhea--- and I am prone to that.... but I don't think I have had enough of it to know if it is going to help. I do know if I use the PURE aloe... and put it up there... it cools the area off and makes me feel better... and trust me -- I am in A LOT of pain.
Anyway - maybe this aloe will help.
GOOD LUCK FOR ALL OF US!
misti :cat:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 May 2007, 14:41

I would continue to carefully put pure Aloe straight from the plant up there, Kitty. It is not a bad idea and I have read anecdotal accounts of it working to heal the fissure.
I know of no reasons *not* to as Aloe is very safe herb for human ingestion in many different aspects.
But *only* pure Aloe, please.
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 28 May 2007, 01:15

I wonder how useful direct application of aloe vera is, in comparison to diltiazem or other medicines. In the past few days I get this very awful burning itch after putting on diltiazem, especially if i put it anywhere near the skin tag... Ouch! Makes me feel like there are ants in my pants :s
I've been trying to use aloe vera directly and it has an immediate soothing effect... I wonder if using aloe vera more than my diltiazem would maybe have the same healing effect.. As whenever I put on the diltiazem i feel like taking it off and soaking in hot hot water or something (bcuz of the itch!) .. Aloe vera just feels so goooood! haha... i wonder if it can provide as much healing (or more healing?) than other topical medications...
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist