Am I doing it right

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Am I doing it right

Postby cuzzy » 26 Apr 2013, 16:55

hi sounds like a silly question but how far do you put the diltiazem cream in and is it normal for a blood streak even after using it for 3 weeks. The reason why i am asking as i am not sure if im using it right. It has taken me 5 or 6 years of suffering before i went to the doctor about this as i felt embarrassed so this is my first treatment. Also, if i need surgery do they put you to sleep as i have a phobia about that.
cuzzy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Am I doing it right

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 26 Apr 2013, 22:01

I'm not sure about the cream question, but as for sedation you should have your options. I'm having LIS on Monday, and my surgeon said they would sedate me and give me local anesthetic (as opposed to general). I'm not sure how I feel about this... I'd rather be totally asleep! I had abdominal survey in the fall (I'm a lucky lady), and general was wonderful. I closed my eyes in the operating room and a second later opened them in recovery!
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: Am I doing it right

Postby mangomonica » 26 Apr 2013, 23:32

Hi. So glad you went for help... I hope you start to feel better soon. I too wonder about application of the diltiazem - right now I use a small tipped syringe to squirt some in there because anything bigger than the small tip would be too painful for me. Are you using an applicator like a syringe or your finger? Sounds like you might be causing injury every time your applying the diltiazem if you are getting streaks of blood. If you are using a finger... try using your pinkie (smaller in diameter)... until you heal a bit and then work your way up back to your index. As for surgery and sedation - I am booked for LIS in one week....with general anesthetic ( I have a phobia of not being put out for it. Hope you feel better soon Image !
mangomonica
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1