ANAL FiSSURE AND MENSTRUATION

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: ANAL FiSSURE AND MENSTRUATION

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jan 2010, 03:08

Sorry Passion to hear that :( . As you could see there were more than couple of us that said yes - period does effect anorectal area LOL. I know you would wish to hear even more stories but this forum is not as active as it used to be. BUT- Fissy's memory is pretty good so I can tell you that yes, many other girls here had the same problem !!!!
I hope you do not feel alone any more ; )) !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby LISnewbie » 16 Jan 2010, 10:37

i am new here, i actually posted about this on another thread, but i am now wondering if my problem has to do with my period about to start.
i has LIS almost 3 weeks ago and i'm due to start my period any day and the last two days my stools have been a bit dry and things feel really tight back there and passing stools has been uncomfortable and slightly painful. i'm wondering if it is because i forgot to take my stool softener 2 days in a row or more likely the hormones from my period about to start?
either way i am seeing the colon and rectal surgeon on monday and will ask questions. so far there hasn't been in blood after passing stools, so maybe it is just pain from the incision site.
LISnewbie

Postby Guest » 01 Aug 2010, 10:26

Hi. I just wanted to add that I have noticed all of my re-tears have been around the time of my period also.
I am at a loss about what to do. This is making me crazy.

Postby Fissulyna » 01 Aug 2010, 14:00

So sorry Dawn Image ,
It is frustrating , isn't it Image ???? Image I tried all possible things, but could not "trick the hormones" any way I tried Image . My butt would be spasming more around the period (usually started with that 2-3 days before actual period), my poop would become somewhat harder and combo of the 2 would lead to a new re-tear over and over again *sigh
I wish you the best of luck with it all Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2010, 18:24

Yes it is so frustrating! The past seven days have been pretty bad and I started today. Not sure still. It just seems like all the relapses are happening around this time, but I did eat some things that I really shouldn't have that I feel could be the cause this time. I am so hoping and praying that I can get back to where I was a few weeks ago and not take any chances with the diet.

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Aug 2010, 00:41

Oh - yeah ... You should really stick to a "fissure diet" : (, there is no way around it Image
Hope you will get better very soon Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Amethyst_Geode » 22 Oct 2012, 23:54

This is so depressing.
My last period was excruciating; I literally couldn't get out of bed because my bum hurt so badly. I thought things were greatly improved in the past couple of weeks, but then wham, a month has gone by and I'm gushing blood out of all orifices again, and my sphincter is spasming, and the Botox has taken a vacation. Is this the way it's going to be for the rest of my reproductive life? Combine that bad news with the prospect of never eating anything appealing again (I'll go post in the food section soon, because I really need some advice there), and I'm really feeling hopeless.
Amethyst_Geode

Postby ZB » 30 Jan 2013, 01:45

Hi
I'm new here. I've had an AF for about 3 months (after childbirth). I find them 100% scarey and depressing. Mine have also flared up during my periods and I wonder whether anyone has considered estrogen and progesterone levels during their periods. I am thinking of trying the mini pill (progesterone only) as this should stop my period and hopefully stop hormone fluctuation. I am hoping it may be different to other contraceptive pills/skin inserts as the mini pill is just prog. Anyone tried the mini pill?
Thanks
ZB