Anal fissure and warts

Anal fissure and warts

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anal fissure and warts

Postby kikaida » 24 Nov 2015, 11:54

I had a severe case of anal warts back in the 90s that lasted for about 3 years. I had surgery every month, cryotherapy (freezing) and electrocautery (burning) for 3 years straight. Finally the warts went away. My question is because of all the surgeries I had in the past, do you think that it could have left a lot of scarring where it weakened the anal area making it more prone to anal fissures?
kikaida
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: Anal fissure and warts

Postby Fissurefrustration » 24 Nov 2015, 12:29

Hi kikaida,

This sounds highly likely, the more you have done down there the more tough scar tissue that is produced to replace the soft pliable tissue that was there before. Are you bleeding on BM? Have you had any recent physical examinations?

FF
Last edited by Fissurefrustration on 24 Nov 2015, 17:02, edited 1 time in total.
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby kikaida » 24 Nov 2015, 12:49

For the past 2 months I have been having anal fissures after I had two large bowel movements. It has healed but new fissures develop. The CRS said its superficial and I am far from being a candidate for surgery. I would not even want to attempt to have surgery in that area because of all the prior surgeries I had in the past. My pcp thinks maybe I am wiping too hard. Not every bowel movement there is blood. I see it maybe once or twice a week or sometimes longer than that. I have had anal fissure off and on for many years but I really never made it an issue because it healed and never came back for a while. But this time around its becoming more frequent. I am not in much pain but its just a nuisance having to deal with it. My pain level is about 2 or 3 out of 10. My doctor advised me yesterday that I should take a shower instead of wiping to let that area have a better chance to heal. I am feeling very depressed and overwhelmed. I wish there was someone I could talk to who can relate to what I am going through. Btw I am a 46 year old male.
kikaida
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby Savaici » 24 Nov 2015, 15:51

:evil: Never wipe, just dab. Be gentle with yourself. I have forgotten what wiping even feels like. Your doctor is quite right about showering, or use a Sitz Bath. Just never rub!!!

:wel: to the Forum.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222