anal fissure - cortisone?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

anal fissure - cortisone?

Postby sweetpea » 07 Jun 2014, 10:59

hi there,
i think i got a fissure from a hard bowel movement while on vacation, but this dr. gave me cortisone suppositories, told me to get a colonoscopy when i got home. he said he thought he saw inflammation "up there" and no fissure or hemmerhoid.

i was given cortisone suppositories which helped a lot.

after returning my GI here gave me 5asa which did nothing so i am back on the cortisone suppositories. it is keeping me on hold. not much better or worse.

i don't think i have colitis or proctitis however, i don't have any bleeding or pus. the more i read, it sounds like the return of a fissure. i got one i believe (although CRS could never see it) in 2011 and it took a long time to go away..

problem was, last time, in 2011, the meds gave me a headache and i couldn't use them. nitro, and the other one.

?: what now? stop the cortisone? is it doing me harm? see the CRS again?

i ask because i am finally coming to the conclusion that this is what is going on, not proctitis.

many thanks.
sweetpea
Salt Bather

Topics: 21

Re: anal fissure - cortisone?

Postby Apes » 07 Jun 2014, 18:09

Sweet pea,
What are your symptoms that lead you to believe you have a fissure? You should probably post in the "new to the forum" category not diets and supplements. You start a new post there with what is going and I'm sure you will get some answers.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17