Anal fissure in foreign lands

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal fissure in foreign lands

Postby imadeamistake » 12 Jul 2013, 11:33

Savaici wrote:Yes, I have had a sigmoidoscopy, and felt fine the next day, though I had conscious sedation with mine. I am sure that the sensations you are experiencing are quite normal and it is a very simple procedure. If you don't feel right in in couple of days, contact the hospital.
Sav

Alright, tomorrow will be the second day since the procedure. I have felt better at times throughout the day. I'm somewhat of a hypochondriac...but I have felt off otherwise. If I don't wake up in the morning feeling well, I should probably go down there. Why exactly would a sigmoidscope cause weakness and dizziness? I read that was very rare. However, the doc never told me about what could happen. I think I had the procedure done too fast. Afterwards, I read most people ave 2 enemas two hours before the procedure. I only had one the day of. I did not know what they were going to suggest I do. I had time before work so I said ok. I could barely hold in the enema either...I was supposed to hold for 10. I barely made 6, :) I tried my best.
imadeamistake

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure in foreign lands

Postby jr2 » 12 Jul 2013, 12:56

It doesn't really sound like anything to be too worried about. If you aren't having increasingly severe abdominal pain and have no fever it's probably just leftover stress from the procedure. Try to relax, make sure you're drinking enough water and eating properly. (Of course if things don't improve or get worse you'll want to get checked out.)
jr2

Topics: 15