Anal fissure

Lis surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal fissure

Postby Jimbfree47 » 18 Dec 2016, 07:47

Well things are looking on the upside at least crossing my fingers. Now 50 days after Lis. Bristol 3/4 no pain no stinging no burning. Able to sit longer but still need to get up and move around. Some days longer then others. Hoping this continues
As I can handle these levels compared with the horrible crap before and at least 6 weeks after Lis. So for me looks like my healing is post 6 weeks.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 07:58

Hi Jim,
That's great you have come such a long way I'm so pleased that you are now st a place where there isn't even any stinging or burning that must be such a relief. Gives me hope that my stinging will eventually stop too.
Long may your butt remain happy and I'm sure as time progresses you will be able to sit for longer too
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Jimbfree47 » 18 Dec 2016, 08:04

MPB Thank you and I hope you get to thst level to. All I know is it appearscto be getting better but then again I have said that before and have had setbacks but they were shortlived. I noticed that like you if I have more then 1 BM in a day that increases tge pain levels which I had a few days of that. I think it was due to something I ate last week abd didnt agree with my stomach. That seems to have gone away and hopefully whatever it is or was is gone.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Dec 2016, 09:18

Yes me too would be great to have no burning or anything down there. I def agree going more than once in a day is never good and certainly increases the pain.
Hopefully you will have no more set backs and a smooth pain free road.
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 26 Dec 2016, 21:05

Well I am 59 days post op. Stools passing good very minimal pain Bristol 3/4.Noticing some abdominal discomfort and when this happens I am able to sit with no pain. I am noticing gas is relieving everything and having alot of it. This is wierd as if my colon is normal then the discomfort moves to the lower back and abdomen and vice versa. I was told tgat passing alot of gas is common after this type of Surgery. So I am wondering if anybody has experienced this.
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 31 Jan 2017, 01:38

90 days post LIS. Stools come out good hardly any pain. Able to sit longer now but still have to get up after awhile. 3 doctors have told me the same thing. Scar tissue and will take time at least 6 months. At least I am having more pain free moments but I notice my most pain is when gas gets trapped. But for the most part it appears to gradually be easing up. Keeping fingers crossed for more progress
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 03 Feb 2017, 17:08

13 weeks post LIS and major improvement flares up come and go keeping fingers crossed. Feeling really good today last BM yesterday minor discomfort for about 2 hours pain level a 2. I will take that everytime
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jimbfree47 » 02 May 2017, 20:35

Well after 6 months and 7 days post Lis and silver nitrate cauterizing I am able to have BM with hardly any pain and can sit up to an hour which is the longest since this happened. I am taking no chances on retearing so I am continuing sitz baths stool softners fiber uptake anal massage and plenty of water. This combination is working well. I think the scar tissue is what was preventing healing and was well worth it. I want to thank those that respondedto my postings and offered there hope and suggestions. Iwill checkback on this forum and share my experience with this debilitating horrible painful condition. I think there wiil always besome discomfort but I will take this anyday over where I was. Now I truly know what the definition of Pain in the arse really means
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mypoorbutt » 03 May 2017, 01:19

So pleased for you Jim so glad you are pain free you were of great help to me and many others
Yes a fissure certainly brings true meaning to that phrase
Take care and I'm sure you will remain pain free
:Rock:
Mypoorbutt

Postby Jimbfree47 » 03 May 2017, 01:54

Thanjs MPB and you have been a great inspiration and helpful as well. I wish you all the pain free success each day
Jimbfree47
Proctosphincteranalogist